Despite recent reports, local farmland experts see steady land marketThe Iowa Chapter of the Realtors Land Institute released a report earlier this month noting from March to September farmland average values across the state have dropped by 1.7 percent and 0.6...
Northwest Bank breaks ground on new Spencer administrative officeWith the symbolic first cut of the spade, Northwest Bank marked the official start of construction of its new Administration Center in Spencer. The construction of this new 35,000-square-foot...
City finance director honored as JA ‘Volunteer of the Year’Spencer Finance Director Brian Weuve works each day to keep the city’s finances in good condition, but he also uses his free time to share some of his knowledge with area schoolchildren each year....
Green Plains Superior 'idles' ethanol production, remains open2SUPERIOR — Green Plains Inc. company officials on Tuesday said there are no plans to close down the Green Plains Superior location in Dickinson County. The company's response differs from a Reuters...
- Spencer Hospital nationally accredited for lung screening services (9/21/18)
- Join LSI Foster Care and Adoption for upcoming orientation (9/21/18)
- Burg drops zoning request (9/20/18)1
- National Family Day comes to Spencer (9/20/18)
- Knights, Catholic Daughters raise funds for parishioner (9/20/18)
- 'Fraueranbeit — Womens Work' to be exhibited at PLAC (9/20/18)
- ART celebrates 15th year (9/20/18)
- State Historical Society’s ‘Mobile Museum’ comes to area (9/19/18)
- Fareway original bidding farewell (9/19/18)1
- Sold-out YP Iowa conference begins Friday in Spencer (9/19/18)
- How’s that for homecoming?: Spencer blows out Denison 48-10 to start district playBoth teams entered with even 3-1 records, but it was anything but even on Dale Norton Field Friday night as the Spencer Tigers registered four, 40-plus yard touchdown plays in addition to playing lights out defense to manhandle Denison-Schleswig 48-10 in the district play opener...
Randy’s Review — ‘The Predator’ (9/20/18)A group of wacky ex-military types find themselves united in battle against both their government and an alien who seeks to create a genetic mutation using the Earth’s most eligible alpha-male. Shane Black both writes and directs “The Predator,” the fourth installment in the “Predator” series which debuted with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1987 — that’s right 21 years ago (And I’m not counting the two “Alien vs. ...
Margie KingFuneral services for Margie King, 102, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018, at Hope Reformed Church in Spencer. Rev. Russell Muilenburg will officiate the service....
Inez Clare WheelerInez Clare Wheeler died peacefully Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018, at Northshire Care Facility surrounded by her family. A celebration of life Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Oct. 6 at Sacred Heart...
Dennis Storey Sr.Dennis Storey Sr., 74, of Dickens, died Friday at his home in Dickens. Funeral services were conducted Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018, at the United Methodist Church in Dickens. Rev. Donna Grey...
Killion, McCormick to wed Sept. 15 in Minnesota (8/29/18)Carla and Steve Painter, and Steve McCormick, announce the engagement of their son, Justin McCormick, of New Prague, Minnesota, to Paige Killion, of Mankato, Minnesota. Paige is the daughter of Kevin and Donna Killion. Justin is a graduate of Iowa Lakes Community College in Spencer, where he received his associate degree as a paramedic specialist. He is employed by North Memorial as a paramedic in New Prague...
Items For SaleFor Sale: Electric guitar and amplifier with built in tuner. $200 Firm. (712)260-7508
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Accepting applications for a full-time Property Appraiser. For details: www.co.clay.ia.us/jobs.htm
Items For SaleFor Sale: 2 gravesites at Riverside Cemetery Spencer, IA. Block 22 southeast side of mausoleum. $900 for both. Call 712-260-4410.
- US considers limit on green cards for immigrants on benefits
- Congress takes aim at shrinking seats, legroom on airplanes
- AP source: Kavanaugh, Ford agree to testify on Thursday
- No. 5 Oklahoma escapes with 28-21 OT win over Army
- Iran summons Western diplomats over parade attack killing 25
- Hundreds mark Hurricane Maria anniversary near Trump resort
- Tiger Woods with 3-shot lead and 1 round away from winning
- State investigating restaurant that calmed lobsters with pot
- Oklahoma astronaut corn maze photographed from space
- Walk into my parlor: Greek spiders spin giant web over shore
- Dad accused of putting girl in game machine, stealing prizes
- 160-foot-long Italian sandwich is quickly devoured in Maine
- Get ready for 'Bongzilla,' selfie frenzy at Vegas pot museum
- Plants, but no pants: Florida man gardens in the nude