Medical condition possible cause of Thursday accidentAt approximately 10:30 a.m. emergency responders from Spencer Fire & Rescue, Spencer Police Department, Clay County Sheriff's Office and Spencer Hospital arrived at the scene of a single vehicle...
From signature to sealWith Gov. Kim Reynolds’ officially signing and approving HF 692, county governments are adjusting to the bill’s new requirement for election ballots to be marked with a county seal instead of a...
A party in the neighborhoodThe annual Grand Avenue Improvement Corporation meeting and dinner was conducted at North Park Thursday, where the group celebrated a number of milestones for some of the houses built in the...
Miller named a ‘Top 50 Economic Developer in North America’Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation CEO Kiley Miller has been a name synonymous with economic development in northwest Iowa since his start with the organization in 2014. Recently he was ...
- Federal legislation for Hermstad could pass first hurdle yet today (5/23/19)1
- Dickinson County Democrats hear from Delaney (5/23/19)
- What a child hears (5/23/19)
- Presidential candidate Bennet opens fire on Trump, Fox News (5/23/19)
- Northwest Iowa pastor celebrates 20 years (5/23/19)
- Templeton Rye founder launches Okoboji Vodka (5/23/19)
- Elliot returns to his roots in Byron’s show (5/23/19)
- Remembering with Honor (5/22/19)
- Rohan brings 'Quilts of Valor' to Everly veterans (5/22/19)
- Legion ‘Poppy Day’ sales Thursday (5/22/19)
- Tigers in 3rd after day 1FORT DODGE — The goal for the Spencer Tigers on day one of the 3A State Golf Championship at Lakeside Municipal Golf Course was to be “in the mix” for a state title. Thursday’s action leaves a little bit of work to do for the boys from Spencer as they carded a 19-over par 307 to sit seven strokes behind first place Nevada’s 12-over par 300...
Randy's Review: 'John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum' (5/23/19)2-plus hours of nearly nonstop action Keanu Reeves returns as the shaggy-haired, ex-assassin engaged in a never-ending battle to stay alive in a world which desperately wants him dead in the third (and most likely not the last) installment of the “John Wick” series...
Darrell GoffDarrell V. Goff, 67, of Garner, passed away Sunday, May 19, 2019, at MercyOne Medical Center — North Iowa in Mason City. A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m., Friday, May 24, at St. Paul...
James ‘Slim’ FarnesThere will be a memorial service for James “Slim” Farnes, 60, formerly of Spencer, at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 25, 2019, at the mausoleum at Riverside Cemetery in Spencer. Slim passed away in San Tan...
Gary RogersGary John Rogers was born in Estherville on Dec. 17, 1933, to Otto Rogers and Lucile Trullinger Rogers. Gary was raised by his mother in Spencer and graduated from Spencer High School in 1953. He...
Cashatt, Rhode to wed June 15 (5/22/19)Steve and Kim Rhode, of Spencer, announce the engagement of their son, Kristopher, of Altoona, to Alexa Cashatt, also of Altoona. Alexa is the daughter of Luann and Jack Halter of Altoona and Stacey Warren and Brent Cashatt of Altoona. She graduated from Simpson College with a psychology degree and is employed by the Southeast Polk Community School District...
Hassman, Petersen to wed June 8 (5/15/19)
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Tuesday, June 4 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $20.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
Garage SalesMisc. Garage Sale: 511 E 12th St., use alley, cash only. Fri. 3-7, Sat. 9-5, Sun. 12-5, Mon. 9-1.
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Small carpentry business looking to expand. Looking for a person with basic building skills, owns basic hand tools, & has reliable transportation. Mainly working in the Lakes area but does have a 45 mile working area. Must be prompt, professional, & motivated. Pay based on experience. Please call/text Marc at 712.320.0834.
- Chef Mario Batali pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Trump expands Barr power over classified Russia probe info
- UK's May says she'll quit as Conservative leader June 7
- Going Back: Faces of the men who fought at Normandy
- AP Explains: How retirement legislation impacts you
- Arguments over rape and incest divide abortion opponents
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Maine company wants to turn cow poo into gas to heat homes
- Someone breaks into home, takes nothing, gives it good scrub
- Homeless Tennessee student graduates as valedictorian
- Sea dragons captivate visitors at California aquarium
- Fugitive says he'll surrender if people like wanted poster
- Construction workers find dinosaur fossils in Denver suburb
- Zoo euthanizes flamingo hit by rock thrown by child