Gathering at the table onlineWith life during the spread of COVID-19 equating to self quarantines at home, a lack of socialization and more meals eaten at home, citizens in Spencer and now across the globe have turned to a...
Graettinger man jailed following Saturday pursuitAt 1:45 p.m. Saturday, the Spencer Police Department responded to a report of a two-vehicle, hit-and-run accident at Seventh Street and Grand Avenue in Spencer. Moments later, responding law...
Governor: ‘This week is critical’Gov. Kim Reynolds offered an update on the ongoing spread of COVID-19 in the state during a Monday morning press conference and said the coming week is expected to be just as difficult, if not more...
Child care challengesAs the workforce landscape changes on a daily basis in this COVID-19 world, child care needs for those deemed essential service providers, as well as those who find themselves relegated to...
- Spencer schools to resume classes online April 13 (4/6/20)
- City makes transfer station adjustment (4/6/20)
- Board of Adjustments approve Way Station special exception (4/6/20)
- Rust Publishing, NIWA awarded grant to support COVID-19 coverage (4/6/20)
- Summer, fall registration open at Iowa Lakes (4/6/20)
- ILCC transitions spring term to online learning (4/6/20)
- Jones welcomes Stowe Elementary students (4/6/20)2
- Okoboji grad uses tech to supply local emergency personnel (4/6/20)
- Polaris counters COVID-19 market dip with financial steps (4/6/20)
- Fighting off the 'COVID 19' (4/6/20)
- Iowa DNR working to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 (4/6/20)
- Plan ahead for spring turkey in light of COVID-19 (4/6/20)
- A case for cranks on natural lakes ― Part IIv (4/6/20)
- Time to catch spring river walleyes (4/6/20)
- Gill netting changes for 2020 (4/6/20)
- Taking a look at 3 of Iowa’s earliest avian arrivals (3/30/20)
- Staying safe in the outdoors (3/30/20)
- A case for cranks on natural lakes (3/30/20)
Who thought this was a good idea? (3/26/20)Perhaps the one thing which we should be most thankful for with regard to the social distancing inconvenience on our lives is it temporarily closed movie theaters and prevented anyone from accidentally stumbling into "The Hunt." Blumhouse Productions like to blend horror and humor, and the combination has led to some recent successes for the company, but they should have really passed on this one...
Cletes MeyerA family graveside service will take place for Cletes Clarence Meyer, 93, of Hartley, who died Sunday, April 5, 2020. Keeping with guidelines regarding COVID-19, a celebration of life service will be...
Joan SchumannDue to state and federal guidance on gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the family of Joan Cynthia Schmann, 80, of Spencer, will be conducting a public memorial at a later date. Rev. John...
Joyce OlsonJoyce A. Olson, 75, of Blaine, passed away on April 1, 2020, unexpectedly following hospitalization with pneumonia and underlying complications of diabetes and liver issues. A celebration of life...
RentalsEfficiency apartment for rent in Spencer. Hospital vicinity. Utilities, heat, cable TV furnished. Available Immediately. Call 712-260-6274 or 712-262-4346
Hiring RN/LPNsHiring RN/LPNs for full-time for g-tube client in the Spencer, IA area
RentalsFor Rent: Luxury Duplex by Country Club in Spencer. 1814 20th Ave W. 2 Bed. 2 Bath. 2 car garage. All new stainless steel appliances. All granite countertops. No smoking, No Pets. Great place to retire and golf. Landlord is responsible for snow removal, lawn care and pest control. $1100/mo plus utilities. Washer & Dryer hook-ups. 712-260-3143
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- Wisconsin voters wait hours at the few open polling stations
- Trump removes watchdog tapped for $2T virus rescue oversight
- Virus crisis cuts off billions sent to poor around the world
- 'A lot of pain.' NY has biggest 1-day jump in virus deaths
- With prime minister in ICU, Britain asks: Who's in charge?
- Rio firefighter trades hose for horn to extinguish the blues
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Truck hauling toilet paper catches fire on Texas interstate
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart
- Psych evaluation ordered for man who sought trial by combat
- It's cloudy with a chance of iron rain at hot, faraway world