Safety first: During snow events please remember …— Plowing a driveway and leaving the snow in a position to cause drifting out onto the traveled portion of the roadway could potentially be violating Iowa Code, obstructions in highway right-of-way....
Hospital Board receives legislative update, approves purchasesThe Spencer Hospital Board of Trustees met Thursday morning to address agenda items which included listening to a legislative update from the Iowa Hospital Association. The IHA detailed their current...
Storm Lake 'movie-hater' pleads not guilty to setting fires2STORM LAKE ― A Storm Lake man accused of arson incidents at the Vista 3 theater and the movie aisle of the Storm Lake Walmart has pled not guilty in district court to charges of arson, assault...
Grassley signs USMCA trade deal1WASHINGTON — Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, as president pro tempore of the U.S. Senate, led an enrollment ceremony to sign the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement...
- Sirens - January 24
- SPD investigating early morning burglary at J.C. Penney (1/23/20)
- Dems converge on Storm Lake this weekend (1/23/20)
- Council members receive committee assignments (1/23/20)
- Arnolds Park man's crash leads to pipe bomb discovery (1/23/20)1
- SPARC 2020 Alumni Concert: Ryan Odor & Friends to perform at SCT (1/23/20)
- Spencer School District, support staff union reach tentative contract agreement (1/22/20)
- Public meets 'Mayor Pete' in Arnolds Park (1/22/20)
- Busy day on the roads (1/22/20)
- Arnolds Park to bring life-sized table sport to Winter Games (1/22/20)
- Rebel girls dominate, boys win double OT thrillerSIOUX RAPIDS — The Sioux Central boys and girls basketball teams could not have been more different if they would have tried. The girls took control early and never looked back in an 85-16 domination of the visitors from Harris-Lake Park Thursday night. The fans who stayed for the boys game were treated to an exciting evening as the Rebels defeated the Wolves 70-67 in double overtime...
- Tigers are Lakes Conference champions (1/23/20)
- BVU hosts Tiger, Tornado swim teams (1/23/20)
- Tigers lose 2 at Spirit Lake (1/22/20)
- Rebels compete in Twin Lakes Conference wrestling meet (1/22/20)
- Rebel squads fall to Emmetsburg at home (1/22/20)
- Tigers, Rebels announce makeup dates for basketball games (1/20/20)
Randy’s Review: ‘1917’ (1/23/20)A pair of young British soldiers are called into service from a brief respite near the Western Front in France during World War I and asked to cross into hostile German territory on an urgent mission designed to save the lives of their British comrades who are unknowingly marching into an enemy ambush...
Raymond ZielstraOn Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020, Raymond Allen Zielstra, loving husband and father, passed away at home at the age of 89. Raymond was born July 13, 1930, in Spencer to Abraham and Evelyn (nee Chase)...
Ruth KingOn Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, our mother, Ruth Ann (Faulkender) King, of Elmore, Minnesota, went to be with the Lord after spending seven weeks at Parker Oaks Senior Living in Winnebago, Minnesota....
Richard MaranellA funeral service for Richard "Dick" Jesse Maranell, 88, of Milford, was held Monday, Jan. 13, 2020, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Burial was at Calvary Cemetery in Milford. Dick, the son...
Items For SaleFor Sale: 2 used Goodyear Wrangler tires 255-65R-17. $25 each. (712)260-0476
RentalsHouse For Rent: 3BR, 1 1/2 bath house. Single garage, central air and dishwasher. Clean and ready to move into. $895/mo plus utilities. $895 deposit. 907 E. 4th Street, Spencer. Call 712-240-3765 or 712-240-3764
Homes for SaleFor Sale: 1 Bedroom home in Spencer. Very Reasonable Price. Call 712-346-7373 if no answer, leave message.
- China expands lockdown against virus, fast-tracks hospital
- For businesses, China's virus fans fear and uncertainty
- Opioid victims can begin filing claims against Purdue Pharma
- Actress Rosie Perez says she was told of Weinstein rape
- NFL's Saints seek to shield PR help to church in sex crisis
- Dems say oust Trump or he'll do it again; 'he is who he is'
- Pentagon says 34 troops suffered brain injury in Iran strike
- Animal shelter says "world's worst cat" is up for adoption
- Deputy uses stun gun to settle a beef between K9 and cow
- Cold-stunned iguanas falling from Florida trees
- Cold-stunned iguanas expected to fall from Florida trees
- Judge deals blow to woman charged for being topless at home
- Cops: Waze app directs casino-bound drivers into wilderness
- Nearly 100 beehives stolen from northern California orchard