Action Club donates winter coats, snow pants for schoolchildrenTo the delight of many youngsters, Spencer Area Action Club visited Lincoln Elementary on Friday to deliver donations of new winter clothes for school children in need of new winter coats and...
Pictures of home2In a year full of doom and gloom, art can be uplifting. For those needing a dose of positivity, it won't take long passing 101 E. Fifth St. to see bright, bold colors depicting nature's beauty,...
Hansen Foundation deliver ‘Comfort Kits’ to sheriff’s officeThe Carroll County Sheriff’s Department received 20 kits from the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation to help with policing efforts. Henry’s Heroes Law Enforcement Comfort Kits allow law enforcement...
Thunder Bridge lights returnWith the Spencer downtown receiving a major lighting upgrade it was only a matter of time before lights also returned to Thunder Bridge, an iconic fixture familiar to those traveling near Spencer’s...
- Spencer Hospital tightens visitor restrictions as inpatient numbers surge (11/27/20)
- Shop Small Saturday set to return (11/23/20)
- Johnson 1st graders parade in support of Longhouse-Northshire residents (11/23/20)2
- Clay County flood maps to become effective in 2021 (11/23/20)
- For the love of nature (11/23/20)1
- Common Sense Parenting benefits from program funding (11/23/20)
- Holiday Family Adoption (11/23/20)
- Matthews, Larson wed at Gull Point (11/23/20)
- Spencer's Klemme honored in annual celebration (11/23/20)
- Education Briefs (11/23/20)
- Rebels hold off Spirit Lake for winSIOUX RAPIDS — Sioux Central started the new season off on a strong note with a 62-45 home win over Spirit Lake. Senior Taylor Krager led the way with 24 points. Morgan Christian contributed 11 and Jenna Jessen 10. “We got really good effort and hustle from a lot of girls. I was really happy how hard they played for the first game of the year. It was a good way to start the season,” coach Kasey Krager said...
- 2nd, 3rd quarter runs spark Tigers (11/23/20)
- Rebels receive postseason honors (11/23/20)
- Senior runners earn all-academic (11/23/20)
- Fall trout spawn in full swing (11/23/20)
- Iowa’s popular shotgun deer seasons just a few weeks away (11/23/20)
- Lures to catch fish (11/23/20)
- The Genz Fish Trap turns 40 (11/23/20)
- Girls trio dedicated to wrestling (11/19/20)1
Randy’s Review: ‘Let Him Go’ (11/19/20)Ma and Pa Kent reunited for a brutal battle for the custody of their grandchild. Apparently the pairing of Kevin Costner and Diane Lane works because after appearing together as Superman’s adoptive childhood parents in recent DC superhero films, the duo are once again a couple in “Let Him Go.”...
Curtis PaulsenPublic funeral services for Curtis Amos Paulsen, 86, were conducted Monday, Nov. 23, 2020, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. The Rev. Perry DeGroot officiated the service. Interment was conducted at...
Patricia MullerMemorial services for Patricia Mae Muller, 93, of Spencer, were conducted Saturday, Nov. 21, 2020, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. Paul Frederiksen officiated the service. Burial was conducted at...
Anna KleinAnna Marie Klein, 86, of Marion, passed away on Nov. 20, 2020, at the Oldorf Hospice House in Hiawatha. She was born on May 2, 1934, to Arnold and Opal (All) Lundbeck in Clay County. After graduating...
Plumbing & HVAC TechnicianFull time Plumbing & Heating Technician. Prins Plumbing & Heating, Hartley, IA. Call 712-260-0141.
Help WantedFull time Plumbing & HVAC Technician. Prins Plumbing & Heating, Hartley. Call 712-260-0141
Help WantedTwin Valley Producers Network is in need of a full-time and part-time employees for 2800 head sow unit in the Peterson area. Good starting wage. Must have valid drivers license. Call Tim (712) 229-8778.
- Iran scientist linked to military nuclear program killed
- Los Angeles orders more restrictions as coronavirus surges
- Virus keeps Black Friday crowds thin, shoppers shift online
- Appeals court rejects Trump challenge of Pennsylvania race
- Experts: Virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving
- VIRUS TODAY: Black Friday shoppers stay home
- Family of jailed oil exec asks for Venezuelan leader's mercy
- Brief buzz: Danish Mayfly named 2021 insect of the year
- Candle wax in Oslo fjord puzzles Norwegian authorities
- Rocky the Christmas tree stowaway owl returns to the wild
- Mysterious shiny monolith found in otherworldly Utah desert
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Owl found in Rockefeller Center tree could take flight soon
- Illinois man, 81, uses antique walking stick to beat thieves