Diversity and inclusion needed going forward1The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation once again recognized great achievement by local businesses Wednesday at the organization’s annual Business Recognition Luncheon at the Clay County...
Living the 'Tiger Way'Spencer Middle School Dean of Students Adam Gress and counselor Angie Ward agreed after a little more than a year of formally recognizing and rewarding students for exhibiting good behavior through...
Clay County recorder sworn inDuring a special session of the Clay County Board of Supervisors Wednesday afternoon, the newly elected Clay County recorder, Sheila Weeks, took her oath of office and was sworn into service by...
Heritage Center hosting ‘Festival of Trees’Arts on Grand and Clay County Heritage are hosting the 2018 Festival of Trees events this holiday season. Between Nov. 15-30, 16 artistically-decorated trees and wreaths will be on display at the...
- Building a new space for families (11/14/18)
- Parks director shares DeWolf Dog Park update (11/14/18)
- New listings with Holiday Family Adoption (11/14/18)
- Ambassadors cut ribbon at Mill Creek expansion (11/14/18)
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - November Sex Offender Registry November 13 (11/13/18)
- Hamrick enters race for supervisors seat (11/12/18)
- Sharing some warmth (11/12/18)
- Local schools recognize Veterans Day (11/12/18)
- Community gathers to honor veterans (11/12/18)
- Developing a unique approach, product is essential (11/12/18)
- 3 Tigers earn Lakes recognitionFile photo Three Spencer Tigers picked up All-Lakes Conference nods for this past season with senior Julia Feldman, pictured above, leading the way as a second team all-conference player for the second year in a row. Fellow seniors Leah Heikens and Marissa Salton picked up honorable mention honors from the league.
Randy's Review — 'Bohemian Rhapsody' (11/2/18)The heavily anticipated film on the rise of legendary rock band Queen focuses primarily on the life of frontman Freddie Mercury (Rsmi Malek) — not his real name by the way — who employs the right place, right time philosophy to help transform a singerless club band into one of the most heralded rock acts of the 1970s and 1980s...
Doris ArmstrongGraveside services for Doris Armstrong, 91, of Minneapolis, Minnesota, formerly of Spencer, will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018, at Riverside Cemetery. Rev. John Syvertson will...
Larry StruveMemorial services for Larry Struve, 69, of Spencer, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16, 2018, at United Methodist Church in Everly. Rev. Mike Eeten and Rev. Michael Hyde will officiate the...
Janice MusserJanice L. Musser, 83, of Ottawa, Illinois, passed away Monday, Nov. 12, 2018, at Pleasant View with her loving family by her side. Mass of Christian burial will be 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16, 2018,...
RentalsFor Rent: Large 3 BR Apartment. Near schools, large yard, off street parking, laundry and appliances. Non-smoking. $695/month + utilities. 563-889-2693.
RentalsFor Rent in Spencer: 2 or 3 bedroom house. Well kept up. No pets. Call Eric for details 712-240-2564.
RentalsFor Rent: 2 bedroom apartment. Clean, quiet 4-plex. Garage. Laundry. $450/month. 1 year lease. No smoking. No Pets. Available immediately. (712) 580-7084.
- FDA to crack down on menthol cigarettes, flavored vapes
- Saudi prosecutor seeks death penalty in Khashoggi's killing
- UK's May battles to save her Brexit deal and her job
- Federal judge says Florida voters can fix ballot signature
- Bangladesh scraps Rohingya return, says 'no one wants to go'
- Icy roads cause 5 deaths as wintry weather blows east
- Farm animals may soon get new features through gene editing
- Missing zoo meerkat case solved with 3 charged in Australia
- Causing an uproar: Lion-car combo the latest in selfie bling
- National Grid to use 'noise cannon' to scare away crows
- Crash sends deer into back of woman's SUV
- Romanian man returns $100,000 found in secondhand cupboard
- Runaway elephant returned to upstate New York sanctuary
- Minnesota baby born on Nov. 11 at 11:11 p.m.