Area girls prepare for the road to Eagle ScoutMore than a century after its establishment, the Boy Scouts of America will see a distinct change in name — to Scouts, BSA — and in demographics. Beginning in February, girls will be eligible to join...
Milford officer resigns amid alcohol distribution investigationMILFORD — A Milford police officer has resigned after being accused of providing alcohol to a person under the legal drinking age of 21. Milford Police Chief Bob Clark confirmed Tuesday morning...
Saturday Scharnberg trout stocking postponedAn Iowa Department of Natural Resources trout stocking, originally scheduled at Scharnberg Park on Saturday has been postponed until February due to anticipated weather conditions for the coming...
State honors Sackett for making makersOKOBOJI ― Hundreds of young hands beat against the Okoboji Elementary School gymnasium floor Monday morning. The drumroll swelled as STEM teacher JoAnne Sackett was announced as the region's...
- CC-E board reviews possible scenarios (1/16/19)
- 'At all times, respect is at the beginning' (1/16/19)
- City developing substandard property program (1/16/19)
- Conservation district seeking poster contest entries (1/16/19)
- Warrant nets 2 drug-related arrests (1/16/19)
- Ambassadors visit Curves for grand reopening (1/16/19)
- Rotary supports Literacy Partners (1/16/19)
- CC-E students, staff report on visits to four neighboring schools (1/14/19)
- City continues flood map discussion (1/14/19)
- Spencer artists weigh in on mural ordinance (1/14/19)
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Saturday for Dickinson County, Osceola County, Lyon County and Sioux County
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Saturday for Clay County and 5 other counties in Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 3:00 AM CST on Saturday for Emmet County and 11 other counties in Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Saturday for Jackson County, Minnesota and 7 other counties in Minnesota
- Poor shooting costs SpencerSpencer’s boys rained home four 3-pointers in the second quarter Tuesday night against Le Mars to take a four point lead into halftime. However, those would be the only shots from outside to fall for the Tigers all night, and some others from in close got left on the table as well while the Bulldogs drilled 8-of-15 triples to secure a 59-50 victory over the purple and gold...
Randy's Review: 'Bumblebee' (1/10/19)When I first learned a new film in the “Transformer” franchise was in development, I let out an internal groan of pain. At least I hoped it was internal. The worn franchise, about a war being waged between two factions of enormous, shape-shifting mechanical aliens, had lost its charm in the past adaptations, resorting to a Power Ranger-esque inclusion of dino shape-shifting bots. ...
John MonnahaJohn Edwin Monnahan, 67, passed away surrounded by his family Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, at Norton's Hospital in Louisville, Kentuky. He was born Feb. 19, 1951, in Hartley, Iowa, the son of the late...
Russell ChristensenFuneral services for Russell Christensen, 91, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Royal. Rev. Mark Wilms will officiate the service. Private family...
Barbara HalversonBarbara Halverson, 93, of Spencer, and formerly of Sioux Rapids, died on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, at the Spencer Municipal Hospital in Spencer. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 16,...
Items For SaleFor Sale: Extra long twin bed- never used. Office desk and chair-excellent condition. Wood credeza.712-584-6576.
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Feb.5th: Overnight Trip Cost $55 per person double occupancy $90 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by January 25th Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Feb. 6th Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Help WantedA&M Laundry is in need of plant workers. Duties include counting and folding towels and aprons. Hanging and sorting uniforms by name and customer. Hours are Mon. through Thurs. 7am-4:30pm. Fridays, nights and weekends off. Please apply in person. 223 11th Street SW- Spencer.
- Number of federal workers seeking US jobless aid doubles
- From New Orleans to Tehran: Life of detained Iran newscaster
- AP Exclusive: UN health chief orders probe into misconduct
- And the nominees won't be (but should be) ...
- Airports, customs, trade: Europe preps for a chaotic Brexit
- 'I never said there was no collusion,' Trump lawyer says
- Saudi women runaways rebel against system of male control
- Commuter's 'delay scarf' bought by German train company
- Giant rotating ice disk stops moving
- Email prompts man to attend stranger's bachelor party
- Michigan 7th grader has offer from Harbaugh, father says
- Giant rotating ice disk draws attention, visitors
- Silicon Valley landlord rents $1,500 studio to 2 cats
- Rodeo Alaska cow evades capture wandering Anchorage trails