There are volunteer opportunities available in Spencer and Clay County for people of all ages, groups, and families. Some of these include:
- Delivering meals to home-bound seniors
- Assisting 4-H youth with projects
- Stocking food pantry shelves and assisting with distribution
- Helping meet the needs of individuals and families in crisis
- Driving individuals to necessary medical appointments
- Tutoring elementary students or being a pen pal
- Visiting the frail elderly
- Knitting caps and mittens for children
- Being an active part of Blue Zones projects and events
- Assisting with SCT productions
- Providing respite for care givers
Volunteers have the opportunity for a lot of flexibility. They can choose to volunteer as much or as little as their schedule allows. No one needs to continue in a volunteer position they are not enjoying, but can try other activities that suit their interests. There are one-time as well as ongoing volunteer possibilities.
For more information call RSVP Volunteer Program at 262-8858. Also check out the new Volunteer Network of Clay County website at volunteerclaycounty.com. or call 580-ivol (580-4865).