[Spencer Daily Reporter nameplate] Fair ~ 47°F  
High: 70°F ~ Low: 42°F
Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014

BREAKING: Fire at 316 E. 11th St.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 ~ Updated 4:43 PM

(Photo)
Smoke pours from 316 E. 11th St. as Spencer firefighters work to extinguish a fire. No injuries have been reported.
(Photo by Gabe Licht) [Order this photo]
Spencer firefighters responded to a fire at 316 E. 11th St. around 3:30 p.m.

No injuries have been reported.

Ty Jackson was the only individual in the home at the time.

"When I got home, I thought I smelled something funny, but didn't think my house was on fire," Jackson said.

As lights flickered, Jackson identified the smell as smoke, which began to fill the house.

Jackson lives at the house with his parents AJ and Dixie Jackson.

He believes the fire was likely attributed to an electrical problem.

More details will be shared as they become available.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.