Everly couple to host Tour of HomesEVERLY — The Everly Tour of Homes will be conducted from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday and begins at 314 E. Third St., Brandon Hansen and Ryan Nemmers home. The tour will feature four holiday-themed houses...
Final Holiday Family Adoption drop off SaturdayThe Holiday Family Adoption Program, a Spencer-area holiday staple, allows generous area families, businesses and service groups to share the holiday spirit and bounty. Thanks to the generosity of...
Spending time with SantaSadie Enderson sits with Santa Claus during the his visit to Spencer’s Southpark Mall on Saturday. Santa will return to the mall on Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 5 p.m. before his last Spencer...
Autumn’s Center receives $9,000 donation from RotarySeasons Center for Behavioral Health received a $9,000 donation from the Spencer Rotary and District Rotary to be used to build a fence around Autumn’s Center’s playground. Autumn’s Center, a...
- BVU student arrested for racial slurs on dorm doors (12/15/17)
- Odor to helm Arts on Grand (12/14/17)
- ICCC confident in 2nd try at bond issue (12/14/17)
- Hope is growing dim for reviving Cobblestone (12/14/17)
- County maintains East Loch Estate meeting schedules (12/14/17)
- County Endowment grants $2,009 for hands-on learning (12/14/17)
- Parks Marina launches renewable energy effort (12/14/17)
- Ambassadors welcome Precision Leadership Group to area (12/14/17)
- The Texas Tenors bring Christmas to Holstein (12/14/17)
- New Year’s Eve bash featuring The Spazmatics (12/14/17)
- E-Hawks upend TigersThursday night’s home debut for the Tiger wrestling team came with its highlights. Cade Hopkins picked up his 100th win, former head coach David Schaefer received a standing ovation from the crowd in honor of his upcoming induction into the state’s high school wrestling hall of fame and Case Cauthron went from dead to rights to performance of the night with a late reversal for a win against Emmetsburg...
Randy’s Review: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ (12/14/17)A distraught mother, rough Mildred Hayes (Frances McDomand), struggling in the aftermath of her teen daughter’s rape and violent death, turns up the heat on the small town law enforcement force when they have failed months later to bring the perpetrator to justice in “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”...
Frank TuttleFrank Ewing Tuttle, 100, passed away quietly at the Spencer Hospital on Dec. 7, 2017. The son of Randall Marcus Tuttle and Ruth Ewing Tuttle grew up on a farm on the edge of northwest Spencer with...
Betty RunkleServices for Betty Runkle, 91, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017, at Golfview in Spencer. Rev. Dan Taylor will officiate the service. Family will visit with friends...
Angel HaverkornServices for Angel Haverkorn, 40, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017, at Living Word Outreach Ministries Church in Spencer. Rev. Al Dean will officiate the service. Visitation will...
Weekly Errands TodayI will take care of your weekly errands for you, so you can focus on more important things! Errand such as going to the post office, picking up your grocery list, picking up and/or dropping off your dry cleaning, do your gift shopping for any...
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Tuesday, Jan. 2 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $17.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
Cars & VansFor Sale: 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. Excellent condition, V-6, stow and go, new tires, never smoked in. 135,000 hiway miles. $9,500/OBO Days 712-837-5457, Nights 712-837-5375.
- Farmhouse for free, but buyer must move it off owners' land
- A bird, a plane, a polar bear? Wild guests at Alaska airport
- Dog subject of court battle, faked death
- Grizzly crime solved: Candy factory's stolen bear found
- Pilot traces virtual Christmas tree in German test flight
- Homeless man finds $354,000 in room at Paris airport
- Gaza eatery offers discounts to North Koreans but no takers