Local Republicans optimistic about chances this fall1Clay County Republican leadership is united in their optimism regarding the direction of the party and in their support of local, state and national candidates moving forward toward November's...
5th annual Royal Fun Days starts this weekendROYAL — The citywide celebration, Royal Fun Days, will officially begin Friday night, marking a half-decade since the event was formed in 2013. Royal Fun Days will run begin with one event Friday...
Destination Iowa: Adventureland ResortALTOONA — In 1924, the area belonged to the Des Moines Airport. Then, years later, it became a family farm. In 1973, work began on an amusement park, Adventureland, surrounding the farmhouse, which...
Floriculture department rooted in tradition at Clay County FairThe tradition continues at the Clay County Fair with the Creative Living Center being a location that hosts local art, culinary creations, floral designs, and different demonstrations, Sept. 8-16. A...
- Sen. Grassley’s traveling office arrives in Spencer (7/20/18)
- 10 candidates apply for Borth’s vacated judgeship (7/19/18)
- Making government work (7/19/18)
- Farm survey offers glimpse at changing face of agriculture (7/19/18)
- Okoboji school narrowly approves OMS purchase (7/19/18)
- Inn redevelopment plan sheds public park (7/19/18)1
- High water can't dampen U of O homecoming (7/19/18)
- RiseFest 2019 to change dates (7/19/18)
- Eucharist on the Queen II (7/19/18)
- Business Brief (7/19/18)
- No. 1 Knights leave no doubtBANCROFT — No. 1-ranked and defending state champion Newman Catholic from Mason City wasted little time claiming their 22nd overall and 11th straight trip to the state tournament Tuesday night, racking up 16 runs in the first inning against Sioux Central in substate play...
Randy’s Review — ‘Skyscraper’ (7/19/18)At one point in “Skyscraper,” the film’s hero, Will Sawyer (Dwayne Johnson), uses duct tape to wrap up his bruised, battered and bloody body, he utters the line of the film — with nobody around to hear it — “If duct tape can’t fix it, you’re not using enough duct tape.” Apparently director Rawson Marshall Thurber didn’t use enough duct tape because not even the go-to, reliable, silver adhesive strapping isn’t strong enough to hold Johnson’s latest action flick together...
Jack EasterFuneral services for Jack Easter, 92, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Monday, July 23, 2018, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Tim Hogan will officiate the service....
Stella WilsonFuneral services for Stella Wilson, 100, of Dickens, will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 21, 2018 at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. John Syvertson will officiate the service. Visitation will...
Alan RustanThe memorial service for Alan W. Rustan will be at 11 a.m., Friday, July 20, 2018, at Christ Lutheran Church in Byron with Rev. Steve Rheingans officiating. Visitation will be from 5-8 p.m.,...
Lauer, Reardon to wed in Minnesota (7/18/18)Mike and Theresa Reardon, of Spencer, and Jerry and Lynn Lauer, of Burnsville, Minnesota, announced the engagement of their children, Kelsey Lauer and Nick Reardon — both of Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The couple will be married at 4 p.m. Aug. 24, 2018, at Hyland Hills, Bloomington, Minnesota. They will make their home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota...
Sebens, Clifford engaged (7/11/18)
City Clerk/Administrator Position AvailabileDuties will include regular attendance at City Council and Committee meetings as well as attendance at events, workshops, conferences and other meetings pertinent to the profession and position. Primghar’s current and upcoming projects include:...
Help WantedFull or Part time register or kitchen help at Ampride in Peterson. 712-295-6017
NoticesPublic Notice U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Taking Bids for Hay Harvest U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service is soliciting sealed bids (per acre) for hay harvest on 15.5 acres in Clay County. Areas to be hayed are seeded native grasses and forbs. Haying will start August 2nd. All mowing, baling, and removal of bales must be completed by August 20th. Bidders must be at least 18 years old to apply. Bid forms and maps are available at the Iowa DNR Prairie Lakes Wildlife Unit 3120 330th Ave,...
- Israel rescues Syrian volunteers stranded in border area
- 1 dead, dozens of hostages freed after Los Angeles standoff
- Kavanaugh: Once questioned Watergate tapes decision
- Top intel official says he meant no disrespect to Trump
- Trump finds it 'inconceivable' lawyer would tape a client
- Inspector warned duck boat company of design flaws last year
- Survivor recounts boat accident that killed 9 family members
- Trainer Jerry Bozzo, 97, gets win at Gulfstream Park
- Astronaut drops in on Kraftwerk gig, plays duet from space
- Man in concrete mixer truck leads Wyoming police in chase
- Paper problem has Long Island Rail Road tickets saying 2019
- Woman gives birth in Chick-fil-A bathroom, baby gets perks
- Cow breaks Connecticut farm worker's jaw
- Woman temporarily becomes millionaire after account mix-up