GAIC signage project completeWith new historic street signs now lining North Grand Avenue from Ninth Street to 17th Street, the Grand Avenue Improvement Corporation, a local 501(c)(3), end a major five-year project. The...
Hansen’s legacy continues1Hansen’s Clothing is nearing its 118th anniversary since first being established in Spencer and the business’ new ownership group — consisting of Logan Wood, Aaron Techen, John Hass and Josh Nelson —...
Car slams into side of Hen HouseA 1990 Buick Century collided with the exterior of The Hen House shortly before 6:30 a.m. Monday causing an estimated $8,000 in damages to the property. Nicholas Gregory Wendt, 35, of Spencer, was...
County honors Wilson for more than 2 decades of serviceIn the open air of the Clay County Courthouse lawn, family, friends and coworkers from Clay County gathered to honor Kim Wilson for years of service to the county. Today is her last day serving as...
- Back to school? (6/29/20)
- SC schools ask for input on ‘Return to Learn’ plan (6/29/20)
- Goat Hill: A true landmark of historical recognition (6/29/20)5
- Sirens - June 30 (6/29/20)
- Drinking party leads to 21 citations in Orleans (6/29/20)3
- Ag Briefs (6/29/20)
- AARP Iowa calls for mandatory testing in long-term care facilities (6/29/20)
- ILCC Trustees discuss plan for 2020-21 school year (6/26/20)
- School board orders election regarding PPEL (6/25/20)
- New director calls AOG ‘dream job’ (6/25/20)
- Madness at the fairgroundsLoud noises from backfired engines, clouds of dust and a crowd of enthusiastic racing fans filled the fairgrounds stadium. The Midwest Madness Tour came to Clay County Speedway Monday night. In the IMCA Hobby Stock A Feature 1, Jason Kohl, from Missouri Valley, finished first after starting second. In B feature 1, John Briggs, of Cherokee, took the victory...
- Spencer softball loses 2nd straight (6/30/20)
- Rebels offense continues to impress (6/30/20)
- Rebels lose 3rd straight (6/30/20)
- Wolfpack preys on Tigers (6/30/20)
- 23 student-athletes on BVU spring Academic All-Conference list (6/30/20)
- 5 cool things you should know about walleye (6/29/20)
- Iowa DNR partnering on solutions for lower Missouri River flood risk management (6/29/20)
- Checking on fishing reminders (6/29/20)
Janice YoungFuneral services for Janice Lee Young, 80, of Spencer, formerly of Rolfe, will be conducted at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. Paul Frederiksen will officiate the...
Mark DitsworthPrivate family funeral services for Mark Richard Ditsworth, 61, of Spencer, will be conducted at a later date. Private burial will be at a later date. Mark, the son of Richard Ditsworth and Josephine...
Brian GloverBrian P. Glover, 57, of Independence, Minnesota, passed away on Thursday, June 18, 2020. Visitation will take place on Monday, June 29, 2020, from 5-8 p.m. at Johnson Funeral Home in Waconia,...
RentalsHouse for Rent: 415 Country Club Lane, Spencer. 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, central air, kitchen appliances furnished, utilities are not included. No pets and No smoking. $850/mo plus security/damage deposit. References required. Month to Month lease. Call 712-262-1723 and leave a message.
- Landslide at Myanmar jade mine kills at least 113 people
- Asia Today: India's virus cases surpass 600,000, curve rises
- Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Long-shut factory helps COVID-struck Afghans breathe free
- Black businesses see increased sales amid racial reckoning
- Lives Lost: Brazilian toddler was saying her first words
- Analysis: Trump fights to keep a job Dems say he isn't doing
- Firm to offer balloon rides from Alaska to the edge of space
- Wisconsin family saves bear swimming with head stuck in bin
- Doorbell camera catches parking lot birth in Florida
- Police reel in Louisiana man captured swimming in fish tank
- Swimmer caught on video grabbing shark at Delaware beach
- Not kidding around: Woman sues for paternity test on goats
- Sausage, onion and iguana: Dead reptile found in pizza joint