Fair & Events Center announces winter schedule1The Clay County Fair & Events Center announced the 2020 Winter Event Series, which will be held in the Clay County Regional Events Center: “PJ Masks Live!” on Saturday, Jan. 11, Arch Allies on...
‘The best few words I ever said’1This is the fourth story in a series sharing the experiences of local veterans for the Veterans Day holiday, where we remember and honor those who have served our country. --- In 1953, as the Korean...
Warren Listening Tour visits RuthvenRUTHVEN — Representatives from Elizabeth Warren's presidential campaign visited the Ruthven Social Center as part of their Palo Alto Listening Tour to speak with local citizens about rural issues and...
Future Royal mayor excited to begin new roleROYAL — Garnering 79 votes unopposed in the combined city-school election, Royal City Councilman Josh Toft was chosen by his community to be Royal’s new mayor starting in 2020. Toft, who has served...
- Spencer Rotary hosting ‘End Polio Now’ fundraiser Monday (11/14/19)
- Driver transported following Tuesday collision (11/14/19)1
- IPTV announces new series ‘The Life Autistic’ (11/14/19)
- Rock 4 Vets joins forces with the Rock the Roof concert (11/14/19)
- Films For The Cinematically Disadvantaged (11/14/19)
- Concert review: Nostalgic night initiates SPARC season (11/14/19)
- 7 confirmed at GUMC (11/14/19)
- Festival of Lessons and Carols: The Christmas story in verse, song (11/14/19)
- Reynolds, Naig lead trade mission to Japan (11/14/19)
- 13 Families left to adopt on Holiday List (11/14/19)
"Ex's and Oh's" performed by Storm Rising at The Chill (08/16/2019) (8/18/19)
"The Letter" performed by Spencer Ukulele Group at Mainstreet Market (08/08/2019) (8/11/19)
Eddie Mauro Q&A with Clay County Democrats (8/5/19)
"Crocodile Rock" performed by Itty Bitty Boji Band at Mainstreet Market (08/01/2019) (8/2/19)
- LAKERS NOTESIowa Lakes Community College head softball coach Katie Larson announced Emma Kral to the 2020-21 recruiting class. Larson is the daughter of Cliff and Sara Kinnetz and the late Kirk Kral. She attends Graettinger-Teril High School. “We are very excited to welcome Emma and her family to the Iowa Lakes family,” Larson said. “Emma is the type of kid every coach dreams of having. She loves the game of softball and comes every day with the desire to learn and grow.”...
Randy’s preview: Holiday season releases (11/14/19)Looking ahead to the holiday movie season lineup, I’ve been waiting with great anticipation for some of the upcoming seasonal releases. Of course it goes without saying, I’m completely geeking out as I continue to countdown the days to the release of the ninth, and supposedly final film, of the original “Star Wars” series, “The Rise of Skywalker” on Friday, Dec. 20, just in time for the Christmas school break...
Jan JessJan Jess, social justice advocate, basketball fanatic and devoted grandmother, died Nov. 8, 2019, at Presbyterian Manor in Lawrence, Kansas. She was 81. A true Midwestern progressive and frontier...
Alice WagnerFuneral services for Alice Lucile Wagner, 101, of Spencer, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Larry McCarty will officiate the...
Bob SchmidBob Schmid, 85, of Brandon, South Dakota, went home to his Lord on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, at Bethany Home in Brandon. A memorial service will be at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 18, 2019, at Memorial...
Cashatt, Rhode marry in Des Moines ceremony (11/13/19)Alexa Cashatt and Kristopher Rhode were married on June 15, 2019, at Elwell Family Food Center in Des Moines by Judge Gronewald. Alexa is the daughter of Luann and Jack Halter of Altoona, and Stacey...
Foley, McCarty wed in Colorado (11/13/19)Sara Foley of Fenton and Morgan McCarty of Linn Grove were united in marriage on July 27, 2019, at Lake Dillon in Colorado. Sara is the daughter of Denise and Dave Bailey of Laurens and Mike Foley of...
Hassman, Petersen wed in outdoor ceremony (10/23/19)Melissa Hassman and Zack Petersen were united in marriage on June 8, 2019, in an outdoor ceremony beside the Dordt College Prairie in Sioux Center. The bride is the daughter of Dan and Karen Hassman...
Housing WantedWANTED TO RENT: We have customers looking to rent swine buildings-nurseries, grow finish, and wean to finish barns. Interest in renting new buildings and existing buildings in good condition. Long term contracts possible. Contact ROSSIE FEED & GRAIN, call 712-229-2037
Equipment & LivestockFree Kittens to Good Home. 712-363-2733
Card of ThanksA big Thank You to everyone for the variety of cards I received for my 90th birthday and my family for planning and coming for a fun weekend. Nora Biedenfeld
- UK media: Prince Andrew's sex claims rebuttal a PR disaster
- Iran's top leader warns `thugs' as protests reach 100 cities
- Russia providing mood music for House impeachment drama
- Illegal pot farms on public land create environmental hazard
- Time for hip waders: Venice sees record 3rd exceptional tide
- Rebuffed by US, migrants dwell in lawless Mexican state
- Hong Kong police launch operation to flush out protesters
- 9-year-old boy catches massive blue catfish in New Mexico
- Driver who stopped to help motorist struck, killed
- Always doe prices? Deer wanders into Walmart, slips around
- Nashville animal science teacher charged after emu dies
- US court rules Kentucky man can get `IM GOD' license plate
- Santa Claus back at work in Germany answering Christmas mail
- Rescue: `Unicorn' puppy doesn't notice `tail' growth on head