Spencer’s retail spaces filling up1A number of previously-vacant retail spaces in Spencer are being filled, and current businesses are upgrading to larger spaces. Warehouse Liquidators is the newest to come to Spencer and will fill...
‘When you’re the leader, you should lead’1The Healthy Clay County Coalition, formerly known as the Blue Zones committee, worked to further Clay County’s health strides by holding a conference with the Live Healthy Iowa organization on...
Cedar Rapids mayor seeks governor’s seatCedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett said the issues facing Iowa today can’t be crammed into a 30-second exchange on an elevator. That’s why he plans to travel across the state and discuss complex issues...
Destination Iowa: John Deere Tractor and Engine MuseumWATERLOO ― Since December 2014, the John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum in Waterloo has welcomed visitors of all ages through it's doors. The museum's building was built in 1941 and is the...
- National opioid epidemic hits Clay County (7/20/17)
- Gray skies, bright smiles (7/20/17)
- Fair offering $180K in free entertainment (7/20/17)
- AARP Iowa sponsor of RAGBRAI entertainment stage (7/20/17)
- Tyson Foods rolls out high tech, high touch animal welfare program (7/20/17)
- OLBC Quilt Auction Aug. 5 (7/20/17)
- The Second City invites audience to play with them (7/20/17)
- Iowa Rock ‘n' Roll Music Association announces new director (7/20/17)
- ‘Beauty in the Ordinary’ wraps up with artist reception (7/20/17)
- Dickinson County Nature Center sponsors photo contest (7/20/17)
- Concussion forum to be held in Cherokee July 30An incredibly valuable public forum - a must-see event for parents and area youth, high school and college coaches and administrators - regarding concussions, nutritional management and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) will be hosted in Cherokee Sunday, July 30 by the Cherokee Regional Medical Center...
- U12 softball girls bring home gold (7/19/17)
- Sorrell’s record stands through 9 years (7/19/17)
- CCF Speedway Sunday night winners (7/17/17)
- Kluender, Storey named all-district (7/17/17)
- CCF SPEEDWAY FEATURE RESULTS — SUNDAY, JULY 16 (7/16/17)
- Chance to win NASCAR package or Ultimate Outdoor Experience (7/16/17)
Randy’s Review: ‘War for the Planet of the Apes' (7/20/17)The final tale in a trio of films providing the backstory to an Earth run amok delivers on several levels, telling a very human story about a group of chimps, gorillas and orangutans trying to live in peace in the California northland woods with a rebel military group determined to ensure the end to the intelligent tribe under the leadership of Caesar (Andy Serkis), whose origins stem from a chemical-induced experiment designed to cure alzheimer's two films ago...
Peggy GloverPeggy Lou Glover, 89, of St. Peter, Minnesota, formerly of Spirit Lake, passed away on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at Rivers Edge Hospital in St. Peter. A visitation with the family present will be held...
Shirley LeeServices for Shirley Ann Lee, 88, were conducted on Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at United Methodist Church of Ruthven. Rev. Kris Hackbart officiated the service. Inurnment was conducted at Crown Hill...
Ruth May HansenGraveside services for Ruth May Hansen, 100, of Spencer, will be conducted at 9:30 a.m. Friday, July 21, 2017, at North Lawn Memorial Park in Spencer. Rev. Tom Van Tassell will officiate the service....
Rural Real Estate
Acerage For Sale By OwnerExperience country living pure and simple on this well groomed acreage. The traditional country farm house features 2 bedrooms and 1.75 baths. Recent improvements include new carpet on upper level, new flooring on lower level, new insulation on...
Help WantedA&M Services is hiring a full-time position to fold towels, aprons, linens. Also, sort and hang uniforms. Other misc. duties as needed. Stop at 223 11th St SW, Spencer, IA Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm. to apply.
RentalsFor Rent: 3 bedroom apartment, main floor. Rent includes utilities. Washer/dryer on premises. Call (712)260-0008 or (319)429-3663
- UK girl left in tears after she's fined for selling lemonade
- Gambler drops 75 pounds to win a share of a $1 million bet
- No dye: Cancer patients' gray hair darkened on immune drugs
- Police: Woman steals taxi, picks up paying passengers
- Homeowner finds WWI artillery shell in basement
- New librarian finds live Civil War-era shells in her office
- McDonald's adds Big Mac onesie, sweatsuit to delivery items