Tiger Pa's return during halftime FridayThe Spencer Community School Foundation is hosting the Tiger Pa's -- Spencer High School junior and senior dads -- showing their dance moves on Friday, Jan. 26, at the halftimes of the girls and boys...
North School’s new shelter coming togetherCrews were hard at work Friday, putting on the roof to the new shelter located at North School Park. Weather permitting, initial construction is expected to be completed around mid-February, with the...
Seasons Center’s free kids’ carnival SaturdaySPIRIT LAKE — Seasons Center for Behavioral Health and Autumn’s Center are hosting the sixth annual Winter Games Free Kids’ Carnival from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Bedell Family YMCA in...
City discourages 'any unnecessary travel' due to blizzard conditionsThe Spencer Public Works Department has issued a release Monday encouraging members of the community to avoid any unnecessary travel during today's snow event. Public Works Director Mark White said...
- Statewide gonorrhea cases doubled in last 4 years (1/23/18)
- ‘Gaming disorder’ considered for ICD (1/23/18)
- Ag Briefs (1/23/18)
- SHS continues strong speech tradition (1/22/18)
- Multicounty opioid lawsuit moves to ‘discovery’ phase (1/22/18)
- Are you eligible? (1/22/18)
- East Leach ice rink open (1/22/18)
- Spicy & Sweet:Enjoy culinary creations at Winter Games (1/22/18)
- New emergency supplies drop box at library (1/21/18)
- Collision blocks south lanes at ‘North Y’ Friday morning (1/21/18)
- Tiger defense locks up TornadoesApart from a two minute, 11-0 Storm Lake run to start the second half, Spencer’s defense gave the Tornadoes all sorts of trouble Friday night during a 63-50 win that avenged a 63-46 defeat earlier this season. “That two minute stretch to start the third wasn’t the best, but we basically held them to five points in the first quarter,” Spencer boys basketball coach Kory Petzenhauser said, alluding to a Tornado buzzer beating three in the first. ...
Randy’s Review: ‘The Post’ (1/18/18)Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks share the spotlight as Katharine Graham, heiress who runs the Washington Post, and the paper’s hard charging editor in chief Ben Bradlee in “The Post.” Graham is a socialite who is thrust into the role of newspaper leadership after her husband — handpicked to run the paper by her father — commits suicide, leaving her to take over the operation. ...
Reva TomlinsonFuneral services for Reva Tomlinson, 93, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, at First Baptist Church in Spencer. Chaplain Dan Tomlinson will officiate the service....
Cleo WildFuneral services for Cleo Wild, 99, of Royal, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Royal. Rev. Mark Wilms will officiate the service. Visitation...
Burney CarverBurney Carver, 88, died unexpectedly at his home in Barnesville, Minnesota, on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018. Funeral services will be 11a.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, at St. James United Church of Christ...
Tomczik, Klaassen to wed in Caribbean (12/28/17)Nicholas and Michelle Tomczik, of Big Lake, Minnesota, and Connie Meendering, of Zephyrhills, Florida, are pleased to announce the engagement of their children Kaila Marie Tomczik and Kyle Lee Klaassen. Kaila is a 2012 graduate of BLHS and a 2017 graduate of Mankato State University in communication studies. ...
Help WantedPart-time DAY Position! OPEN IMMEDIATELY! White Glove Janitorial is in search of a part-time crew member to join our team during the hours of 8:30am-5pm. Position would be 2-3 days per week. Applicants must be able to work well with a team, carry a positive attitude, be reliable, and have a keen eye for detail. Paid On-site training. $9.50/Hr. to start. Stop on in to our office at 205 Grand Ave. and get your application today. Must have a valid drivers license, reliable transportation, and pass...
Items For SaleWood For Sale: $40 per pickup load. Call 515-295-3342.
Help WantedCoordinator of Secondary Career Education Planning Part-time, up to 25 hours per week. Bachelors degree, educational work experience with either K-12 or community colleges, and basic computer skills required. Three years coordinator/consulting or administrative experience and bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled; review of applications to begin immediately. For more details go to www.nwicc.edu. Click on "Alumni & Community" and...
- New Year's resolutions? German couch potatoes say forget it
- Police: Angry fast-food worker beans supervisor with burrito
- State unveils license plate for team that left 20 years ago
- Freshman emails every Claudia on campus after Tinder mishap
- California cop feeds critter for Squirrel Appreciation Day
- Eagles fan who slammed into pole in subway says he's OK
- 75 years since massive temperature swing in Spearfish