Ag Outlook returnsThe 36th Annual Northwest Iowa Ag Outlook Conference and Trade Show is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18, at the Clay County Regional Events Center featuring an industry trade show and agricultural...
King to join 1st 2020 Eggs and IssuesWhen the Spencer Chamber of Commerce’s 2020 Eggs and Issues legislative forum launches in council chambers at Spencer City Hall at 9 a.m. Saturday, Iowa 4th District U.S. Rep. Steve King (above),...
Hands-free bill gains traction ahead of deadlines2Legislation requiring communications devices used by drivers to be in hands-free mode or face a potential moving violation has recently made some headway as legislators prepare for the field of...
1 transported to ER following 4-vehicle crashThe driver of a 2016 Chevrolet Express who witnesses allege ran a red light, reportedly admitted to Spencer Police investigating a four car collision, which sent one to the emergency room, that he...
- 2 vehicles disabled after Wednesday collision (2/13/20)
- ‘Films For The Cinematically Disadvantaged’ returns Monday (2/13/20)
- Iowa bill requiring fetus burials or cremations moves forward (2/13/20)1
- Plea for Iowa officials: Help clear name of Buddy Holly pilot (2/13/20)
- Monday fire damages 11 boats in Oak Hill Marina storage building (2/13/20)
- Art, science of beekeeping offered at upcoming workshop (2/13/20)
- Lewis accepts GT/RA shared administrative position (2/12/20)
- Close call: Bullet punctures moving vehicle (2/12/20)
- Snow fence buys time for public art piece (2/12/20)
- School board sets hearing date for property purchase, attend presentation (2/12/20)1
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon CST for Dickinson County and Osceola County
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon CST for Emmet County and 6 other counties in Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon CST for Jackson County, Minnesota; Nobles County, Minnesota; Cottonwood County, Minnesota and Murray County, Minnesota
- Tiger relays return to stateCoach Katie Chapman will lead the Spencer Tiger swimmers to Iowa City Saturday for the 2020 boys state swimming championships. For the first time in 10 years, Spencer will have two relays competing. “Our boys have proven that they match some of the best competitors in the state,” Chapman said. “We have as much of a chance to stand on the podium as anyone else.”...
- Rebels lose by 2, playoffs begin Monday (2/13/20)
- ILCC to host NJCAA District Wrestling Qualifier (2/13/20)
- District realignment announced for 2020 (2/13/20)
- Tigers compete in duals verses Cedar Falls, Fort Dodge (2/13/20)
- Tiger girls fall just short, boys win by 1 at ELC (2/13/20)
- Tiger boys win, girls fall by 3 at Denison (2/13/20)
Randy’s Review: ‘Birds of Prey’ (2/13/20)They say imitation is the sincerity form of flattery. If that is indeed the case, the release of DC's newest big screen effort, "Birds of Prey: The Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn," is one big round of applause for rival comic book company's "Deadpool 2."...
Louise GrossFuneral services for Louise Annette Wilson Gross, 93, of Spencer, will be held at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Ken Seifried will officiate the service. Visitation will...
Helen DillardFuneral services for Helen Dillard, 94, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020, at Grace United Methodist Church in Spencer. Rev. Donna Gray will officiate the service. Interment...
Clarence LeslieClarence “Lefty” Marion Leslie was born on Dec. 11, 1926, in Everly to Wilbur and Gertrude Leslie. On March 7, 1951, he married Carol Elizabeth Warren and was proud to tell all who met him of their...
Bloody Mary & Omelet BarGTRA post prom Bloody Mary & Omelet Bar Saturday 2/22. Bully's in Ruthven. Full menu available for lunch. 8am to 1pm. Served by Juniors. All tips and a portion of proceeds to post prom.
Help WantedNorthwest Vision Care is seeking a Clinical Optician to join our team. Call for more details. Willing to train the right person. 712-262-3982
Rentals3 BR house in Spencer, single bath with shower, Oak woodwork, hardwood floors, unfurnished, quiet neighborhood, 1200 sq ft. $800/month plus utilities. Immediate availability. Call or text Mark at 712-240-2638 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaked data shows China's Uighurs detained due to religion
- After gains in northern Syria, Assad predicts total victory
- Trading quarantines, Americans from cruise land in US
- With 'Mother Nature in charge,' dams unleash floodwaters
- One thing unites establishment Democrats: Fear of Sanders
- Disgraced religious order tried to get abuse victim to lie
- Virus fears rise after Cambodia's acceptance of cruise ship
- Technicality extinguishes sparkler record attempt in Wyoming
- Pot shops turn to highway sponsor signs amid strict ad rules
- Mating snakes prompt closure of part of Florida park
- 'Perfume cloud' helps German police sniff out drunk driver
- After residents cry fowl: Miami to relocate pack of peacocks
- Takes a village: Bear 'foster mom' raises cub saved by dog
- Longest-serving federal judge, named by LBJ, retires at 98