‘Breakfast on the Farm’ returns Saturday1Jones family dairy operation to teach ‘where milk comes from’ RURAL MILFORD — Two years ago, the Jones family opened their dairy operation to the public, inviting any and all to come to their...
A stop along the trailRenkens seek to establish multifaceted business in Fostoria The personal and professional lives of Dan and Kathy Renken have progressively come together over the last few years. Not only did they...
Clay County resurfacing projects to begin MondayClay County will be starting the asphalt resurfacing project on Clay County Road B53 — 430th Street — on June 17. B53 will be closed to through traffic, but open to emergency vehicles. The Clay...
Spencer library seeks additional homebound delivery patrons1The Spencer Public Library wants patrons to know if they can't make it to the library, librarians will bring their favorite books, DVDs or magazines to them. Currently the homebound library program...
- ‘Breaking Barriers’ program open to the public (6/13/19)
- Aquatic Center leak found, expected to reopen next week (6/13/19)3
- Royal council narrowly approves tractor-trailer ordinance (6/13/19)
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - June 14 (6/13/19)
- Ag Briefs (6/13/19)
- 600 turnout for regional Merge NOW event (6/13/19)
- The Honky Tonk Angels opens OST's 62nd season (6/13/19)
- Iowa Lakeside Lab to screen documentary on the Ioway native tribe (6/13/19)
- King of the Tramps returns to Stone Pier (6/13/19)1
- Exciting updates, new competitions at 2019 fair (6/13/19)
- E-Hawks pay back Tiger girlsJust five days after Spencer survived four runs in the seventh to beat the E-Hawks 8-6 in the Emmetsburg tournament, the Tigers’ old Highway 18 rivals scored some payback with a 7-4 victory in Spencer Thursday. The Tigers moved ahead in the opening inning with starting pitcher Kaitlyn Lawson sitting the E-Hawks down in order before Kylee Versluis got aboard to start the bottom of the first...
Randy’s Review: ‘Dark Phoenix’ (6/13/19)Satisfying, but not super, finish to ‘young’ X franchise In what is being billed as the final film if the “X-Men First Class” franchise, Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and his team of mutants have finally gained worldwide acceptance as heroes in times of crisis, but all good things come to an end. Such is the case for the X-Men as they find themselves torn apart from within in a storyline modeled loosely after the very popular “Dark Phoenix” multipart saga in the Marvel comics...
Jay DonaldsonJay Weston Donaldson, 93, died Thursday, June 6, 2019. Jay had been living with family over the past year and a half but had recently moved to Northridge Village for assisted care living. His passing...
Alberta BaxterFuneral services for Alberta Baxter, 82, of Spencer, formerly of the Langdon area, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 8, 2019, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. Russell Muilenburg will...
Holly Lynn TuttleCelebration of life services for Holly Lynn Tuttle, 40, of Redfield, South Dakota, formerly of Spencer and Sioux Rapids, will be conducted at the First Lutheran Church in Sioux Rapids on Monday, June...
Cashatt, Rhode to wed June 15 (5/22/19)Steve and Kim Rhode, of Spencer, announce the engagement of their son, Kristopher, of Altoona, to Alexa Cashatt, also of Altoona. Alexa is the daughter of Luann and Jack Halter of Altoona and Stacey Warren and Brent Cashatt of Altoona. She graduated from Simpson College with a psychology degree and is employed by the Southeast Polk Community School District...
Equipment & LivestockFor Sale: CASE IH RMX 370 Disc, 25ft. hydraulic level with a spike toothed drag. Also, Westfield Auger, 71ft. hydraulic swing hopper with hydraulic lift. Both are in excellent condition. Call (712) 335-5699 or (515) 890-1951.
Help WantedTeachers needed at Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School: 3rd grade; PT PE; PT 5/6 Lang Arts 712-262-8237
RentalsFor Rent: 3 bedroom, 2 bath duplex. (712)260-3949.
- Buttigieg: 'Why not' start a first family in White House?
- Meghan and Harry release Father's Day photo of baby Archie
- Saudi crown prince accuses rival Iran of tanker attacks
- Argentina, Uruguay work to restore power after major failure
- Massive protests draw apology from Hong Kong leadership
- 4 years in, Trump fondly recalls Trump Tower campaign launch
- 2020 race brings free college back to the national stage
- Man says he was deceived when he bought tiny strip of land
- Police: Woman was drunk, but no DUI for toy truck joy ride
- Beach concerts at Jersey shore town cancelled for the birds
- Snake stows away in bag for trip to Hawaii from Florida
- Badly-made fake license plate leads to arrest in California
- Feds: 81-year-old robbery suspect wanted to return to prison
- Lithuanian circus owner releases bear he took 'hostage'