Spencer businesses prepare for shopping holidaysThe city of Spencer’s status as a regional shopping hub will be on display in about a week as Thanksgiving will quickly turn into a series of shopping holidays. While Black Friday now includes the...
Biden bringing 'No Malarkey' tour to SpencerBiden for President has announced an eight-day, 18-county “No Malarkey” bus tour where former Vice President Joe Biden will barnstorm Iowa to meet with caucusgoers across the state. Biden will travel...
Pair booked in relation to early morning robberySPIRIT LAKE — Personnel from three different law enforcement agencies converged on downtown Spirit Lake Wednesday morning to execute a pair of search warrants and, ultimately, perform a pair of...
5 families remain on Holiday Adoption listA Spencer-area holiday staple, the Holiday Family Adoption Program allows generous families, businesses and service groups to share the holiday spirit and bounty. Thanks to the generosity of families...
- Emmetsburg ethanol plant pauses production
- Spencer receives funding for pedestrian crosswalk (11/21/19)
- Sirens - November 22 (11/21/19)
- Festival of Lessons and Carols (11/21/19)
- Unspoken, Camp announced for 2020 RiseFest (11/21/19)
- Local health care clinics recognized for patient experience (11/21/19)
- Local Catholic Daughters celebrate 100 years (11/21/19)
- AOG to host ‘Christmas in the Gallery’ (11/21/19)
- City recycling program expands (11/20/19)
- Supervisors discuss mental health region future (11/20/19)
"Ex's and Oh's" performed by Storm Rising at The Chill (08/16/2019) (8/18/19)
"The Letter" performed by Spencer Ukulele Group at Mainstreet Market (08/08/2019) (8/11/19)
Eddie Mauro Q&A with Clay County Democrats (8/5/19)
"Crocodile Rock" performed by Itty Bitty Boji Band at Mainstreet Market (08/01/2019) (8/2/19)
Randy’s Review: ‘Ford v Ferrari’ (11/21/19)The history of Ford automobile’s entry into the racing world provides for a well-executed big screen tale mixing beautifully filmed race action in a story centered more around the people directly involved in the historic industry events. A “Rocky” story for the race genre, Henry Ford II (Tracy Letts) challenges his Detroit Ford Motor Company plant, specifically his administration, to brainstorm ideas to take the company to the next level. ...
Lloyd FriedrichsenLloyd Merle Friedrichsen, 94, passed away Nov. 21, 2019, at Community Memorial Health Center, Hartley. Son of the late Henry and Caroline (Meyer) Friedrichsen, born in Moneta on March 6, 1925. World...
Warner WalrathFuneral services for Warner Carl Walrath, 98, of Spencer, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday Nov. 23, 2019, at First Congregational Church in Spencer. Rev. Tom Van Tassell will officiate the service....
Sandra JorgensenSandra Leigh Jorgensen, 65, originally from Spencer, passed away Oct. 27, 2019, at her home in Spokane, Washington. She was born on Feb. 28, 1954, in Spencer, graduating from Spencer High School in...
Cashatt, Rhode marry in Des Moines ceremony (11/13/19)Alexa Cashatt and Kristopher Rhode were married on June 15, 2019, at Elwell Family Food Center in Des Moines by Judge Gronewald. Alexa is the daughter of Luann and Jack Halter of Altoona, and Stacey...
Foley, McCarty wed in Colorado (11/13/19)Sara Foley of Fenton and Morgan McCarty of Linn Grove were united in marriage on July 27, 2019, at Lake Dillon in Colorado. Sara is the daughter of Denise and Dave Bailey of Laurens and Mike Foley of...
Help WantedPOSITION AVAILABLE: Community Memorial in Hartley currently has RN & LPN positions available. Competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Apply in person at the Health Center business office. EOE
Help WantedCHURCH SECRETARY--35 hrs/wk Sept-May; morning June-Aug; competitive wage, vacation and paid holidays. Proficient on the computer, detail oriented, strong organizational skills, multi-task, and strong communication skills. Send resume and references by December 1 to First Congregational Church, 1212 1st Ave. W., Spencer, IA 51301 or to email@example.com, note in subject line: Secretary
- Decision by WADA group puts Russia's Olympic future in peril
- Netanyahu's woes mirror those of his ally Trump
- Bolton returns to Twitter after claim of White House freeze
- FBI lawyer suspected of altering Russia probe document
- Attorney general unveils plan on missing Native Americans
- Boy Scouts mortgage vast New Mexico ranch as collateral
- Syracuse U, shaken by racism, welcomes the holiday break
- Alaska man arrested after drugs found in spoiled goat guts
- Ruff ride: Florida dog bumps car into motion, gets solo trip
- Medical examiner's macabre humor leads to complaint
- Dog befriends baby giraffe after abandoned in South Africa
- Snow-like hail in Phoenix-area desert caps days of storms
- Bah humbug! North Pole lacks enough ice for sculptures
- Illinois officer fined $350 for illegally parking patrol car