Let the shopping beginSpencer stores offered Black Friday and Small Business Saturday deals as shoppers walked the downtown area, taking advantage of the early Christmas purchasing opportunities. Laura and Alex...
SFD, other agencies respond to basement fireFriday morning, Spencer Fire-Rescue responders were dispatched to 308 E. Fifth St. for a report of smoke showing from the upper windows of the residence. Upon arrival, shortly after 11 a.m.,...
Century Farms, others join statewide tourism effortThe Iowa Tourism Office has launched the Iowa Distillery digital passport which provides a free digital mobile roadmap to distilleries statewide. Century Farms Distillery of Spencer is one of eight...
Iowa Senate special election on Dec. 14Clay County voters interested in voting absentee for the Dec. 14, State Senate District I Special Election may file requests for absentee ballots with the Clay County Auditor’s Office. Due to recent...
- Eligibility for COVID-19 boosters expanded to all adults (11/30/21)
- Sirens - November 30 (11/30/21)
- Club Notes - November 30 (11/30/21)
- People for Pets receives donation (11/30/21)2
- Baccam becomes newest Hy-Noon Crossman recipient (11/30/21)
- Hospital audit report reveals financial effects of COVID (11/30/21)
- The gift of mobility (11/26/21)
- Evans announces run for Iowa Senate (11/26/21)
- School board swears in elected members, thanks Mechler for 15 years of service (11/26/21)
- ‘George was a person that to know him, you held him in high regard’ (11/26/21)
- Basketball Preview: Tipoff of busy week for Tigers, Rebels hoops squadsLast season, Sioux City East won, 60-57, at Spencer. “East has everybody back from last year and were ranked in the preseason,” Spencer coach Matt Stevenson said. “Last season it was a competitive game.” The Tigers opened the season with a 59-37 win over Le Mars. A 19-point third quarter paced the effort and Maureen McDermott led the way with 16 points and seven rebounds. Haley Berends added 12 points and six rebounds. The Tigers shot 24-of-45 from the field, 2-of-4 for 3-pointers and 9-of-16 from the free-throw line.
- Walleyes on spoons through the ice (11/30/21)
- PFAS monitoring results expected this week (11/30/21)
- Laker Briefs - November 30 (11/30/21)
- Hockey fans support Mammoth squads’ season (11/30/21)
- Title game on the line for Morningside, Northwestern (11/30/21)
- Tigers earn All-State football recognition (11/30/21)
- The magnitude of the Turn in Poachers system (11/30/21)
- Safety first, during the shotgun seasons (11/30/21)
- Slow down and be quiet (11/30/21)
- One-two punch: Rebels leading scorers split halves for 1st win (11/26/21)
- Preview: Laker women’s hoops ready to challenge in ICCAC (11/26/21)
Randy’s Review: ‘The Eternals’ (11/12/21)“The Eternals,” definitely one of Marvel’s lesser known properties, blends a series of historical flashbacks and modern day challenges to introduce you to the team of characters who have apparently been living among us for 7,000 years. Ten Eternals are sent, via starship, by Celestial Airshem to earth to protect the people from a monstrous group of aliens, called Deviants. ...
Donna SeavertServices for Donna Belle Elgene Seavert, 96, of Royal, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Royal. Rev. Mark Wilms will officiate the service....
Richard BetzFuneral services for Richard “Dick” James Betz, 92, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Tim Hogan will officiate the...
Janice SwansonFuneral services for Janice Kay Swanson, 84, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021, at First English Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. Paul Kaldahl will officiate the...