Car versus bike accident results in at least one injuryLocal emergency responders care for a victim involved in a car vs. bike accident on U.S. Highway 71 at the intersection near Burger King in Spencer. The accident occurred shortly before 3 p.m. Little...
SFD’s ambulance rolls in for the first timeMembers of Spencer Hospital and the Spencer Fire Department stand behind the department’s ambulance, which SFD will now house and operate due to a recent agreement where the department will serve...
Lit cigarette blamed for GACO fire1Spencer Fire Department personnel made quick work of a fire outside the Grand Avenue Community Outreach Saturday during the late afternoon hours. The fire damaged the building exterior near the...
A bombastic celebration of arena rockThe Clay County Fair and Events Center will welcome Hairball back to the Clay County Regional Events Center at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22. “We’re excited to add Hairball to the Events Center winter...
- Council rejects change to city board requirement (12/17/18)
- Iowa changes juror notification method (12/17/18)
- DNR stresses safety after string of hunting accidents (12/17/18)
- BVU ‘reimagines’ future in strategic plan (12/17/18)
- The Art of Memories: 93-year-old Storm Lake artist debuts in new book, exhibit (12/17/18)
- Midstates Builders celebrates holidays with Sunset community (12/17/18)
- Riverview Terrace Assisted Living Tenant of the Month (12/17/18)
- Sharing the Christmas spirit (12/16/18)
- No instruments, no problem (12/16/18)
- ‘A very good sign’ (12/16/18)
- Spencer girls bounce back against StarsSIOUX CITY — One game after scoring just 20 against Spirit Lake Friday night, Spencer’s basketball girls hit 75 percent of that total in just the first quarter against Sioux City North Monday night, forcing seven turnovers in the first eight minutes of what became a comfortable 53-21 victory...
Randy’s Review: ‘Creed II’ (11/29/18)There’s just something about hearing the “Rocky” theme “Gonna Fly Now” as the training sequences flash across the screen that sends a tingle up my spine and makes the hairs on my arm stand on end. And that formula never gets old. The gangs all here as Michael B. ...
Irene PierceServices for Irene Tripp Pierce will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Emmetsburg. Interment will be conducted at Evergreen Cemetery in Emmetsburg. Irene...
Donald LinnanFuneral services for Donald Linnan, 89, of Spencer, formerly of Storm Lake, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Roger Linnan and Rev....
Freda Irene HeuerFuneral services for Freda Irene Heuer, 99, were conducted at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 10, 2018, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Hartley. She was buried at Pleasant View Cemetery in Hartley. Freda...
Help WantedActivities Assistant: Part-time or Full-time. Great position assisting residents with group and personal activities. Good hours, benefits, and teamwork. Longhouse Northshire 711 W. 11th St. Spencer (712)262-2344 EOE
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Full time Chairside Assistant needed in fast paced orthodontic office. Applicants must be reliable, personable, have a positive attitude and be a team player. Will train, but must be willing to become certified if not already a Dental Assistant. Send resume with cover letter by December 31st to: Chairside Assistant PO Box 1457 Spencer, IA 51301
Help WantedHousekeepers Needed: Full-Time or Part-Time Day Shift 7am - 2:30pm. *Great wages and Incentive Bonus! *Will train and educate. *Vacation and Sick Day Pay. *401 K and Uniform Allowance. Longhouse/Northshire 711 W. 11th St, Spencer (712) 262-2344 or apply online at www.lh-ns.com
- Russian guards not in a Christmas mood on Estonian border
- Police: Man tried to pay for McDonald's with bag of weed
- Missouri poacher ordered to repeatedly watch 'Bambi'
- Good boy! Service dog gets honorary diploma
- Hulking hog captured near school bus stop in Florida
- Federal court says NY ban on nunchucks unconstitutional
- Chipped tooth? No! Diner finds pearl in his oyster dish