Hubbell brings gubernatorial bid to SpencerDemocratic gubernatorial candidate Fred Hubbell, a Des Moines native, met with a group of voters during a scheduled stop in Spencer at The Bear Coffee House and Wine Bar during the lunch hour Friday....
Horsley chosen to lead CCHStephanie Horsley has been named the new Clay County Heritage director, filling a vacancy created when former director Ryan Odor accepted a position at Arts on Grand in December. Horsley said she is...
Hamilton headlines artist reception at AOGPhotographer Julie Hamilton met with area art fans Saturday during the artist reception for Hamilton’s “Barn Art” exhibit, which is on display at Arts on Grand until Feb. 24. Over 50 art lovers...
New water fountain at Lincoln allows students to fill bottlesLincoln Elementary, in Spencer, recently received a new water fountain allowing students and faculty the ability to more easily refill water bottles which students can take to class. The water...
- Sirens -January 16 (1/15/18)
- Legislators welcome local FDaSS members (1/15/18)
- Longhouse-Northshire Resident of the Month (1/15/18)
- Around Campus (1/15/18)
- Education Briefs (1/15/18)
- ILCC dedicates high-tech nursing simulation lab (1/15/18)
- Hubbell brings gubernatorial bid to Spencer (1/12/18)
- Local pros offer investment advice for first-timers (1/12/18)
- Struttin’ their stuff (1/11/18)
- Tour of Lights collects 256 pounds of donated food (1/11/18)
- Wind Chill Warning in effect until 6:00 AM CST for Dickinson County
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect until noon CST for Dickinson County
- Wind Chill Warning in effect until 6:00 AM CST for Clay County and Buena Vista County
- Wind Chill Warning in effect until noon CST for Emmet County and 30 other counties in Iowa
- Wind Chill Warning in effect until 6:00 AM CST for Jackson County, Minnesota and 6 other counties in Minnesota
Randy’s Review: ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ and ‘Father Figures’ (1/11/18)This week we’re tackling a couple of films which are leaving theaters, but will soon show up available for rental or purchase. Should you rent then or make that purchase? Well. ... Our favorite acca-ladies are back together for what — based on the road this movie takes — will hopefully be the last of the musically gifted “Pitch Perfect” franchise...
Robert BeattyServices for Robert Beatty, 83, will be conducted Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018, at United Methodist Church in Dickens. Rev. Donna Grey wll officiate the service. Inurnment will be conducted at Dickens...
Janis SiehJanis “Jan” Sieh was born in Omaha, Nebraska, on Nov. 5, 1922, to the parents of Lester and Mildred Shoemaker. She attended North High School in Omaha and Omaha University prior to her employment in...
David BrownMemorial services for David Brown, 78, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, at Crosswinds Community Church in Estherville. Rev. Mike Drew will officiate the service. Visitation...
Tomczik, Klaassen to wed in Caribbean (12/28/17)Nicholas and Michelle Tomczik, of Big Lake, Minnesota, and Connie Meendering, of Zephyrhills, Florida, are pleased to announce the engagement of their children Kaila Marie Tomczik and Kyle Lee Klaassen. Kaila is a 2012 graduate of BLHS and a 2017 graduate of Mankato State University in communication studies. ...
Wiemann, Hohbach to wed August 2018 (12/20/17)Morgan Wiemann and Garrett Hohbach announce their engagement. Morgan is a 2015 graduate of Clay Central-Everly High School, and the daughter of Jeffrey and Patti Wiemann of Everly. Garrett is a 2012 graduate of South O’Brien High School in Paullina, and the son of Brian and Deanna Hohbach...
RentalsFor Rent or For Sale: One bedroom home in Spencer. Call (712)346-7663, leave message.
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Feb. 5 : Overnight Trip Cost $50 per person double occupancy $80 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by Jan. 26 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Feb. 6 Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Help WantedSpencer Y needs adult staff for evening and weekend hours for Member Service Center and Building Supervisor positions. 5–15 hours per week. Competitive part time wage and flexible schedule. Benefits include free membership, discounted youth classes and childcare, Employee Assistance Program, and Retirement. Contact Megan at 712-262-3782, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wallaby hops across Sydney Harbor Bridge, captured uninjured
- Shiver me timbers! New signs pirates liked booty _ and books
- Arizona police arrest 80-year-old man in armed bank robbery
- Ritz Carlton, a luxury Saudi prison, takes Feb. 14 bookings
- Maine shed blown to Canada by blizzard being saved, returned
- Butcher trapped in freezer uses sausage to bash his way out
- Couple embrace before surrendering to pursuing officers