Seasons free kids’ carnival set for Sept. 26 in SpencerSeasons Center for Behavioral Health is hosting a free kids’ carnival from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, in Spencer. This free, family-friendly event is open to the entire community and families of...
Orrison announces intent to run for reelectionWard 2 City Councilman Bill Orrison announced his intent to run for reelection during Monday night’s City Council meeting. “I had announced four years ago after I was elected, ... I said then I was...
Library to host ‘Tea Awakenings’Nathan Clark will use his extensive tea knowledge for a tea tasting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Spencer Public Library. Clark is no stranger to libraries or to tea. He is the director of the...
Changes on the home front for HomeologyARNOLDS PARK ― It's been a whirlwind transition, but former Homeology Decor and Boutique owner Laura McMahon said she's excited the business is now in the hands of Megan Helgeson. The two began...
- Council punts on microbrewery ordinance, approves Main Street restorations (9/16/19)
- 5 agencies unite for multicounty traffic safety saturation (9/16/19)
- Linn Grove campground plan, flood repairs on hold (9/16/19)
- Longhouse-Northshire Resident of the Month (9/16/19)
- Northwest Bank, Aventure Staffing earns ‘Top Workplace’ awards (9/16/19)
- Business Brief (9/16/19)
- Ag Brief (9/16/19)
- Keeping fairgoers safe, 20 years on (9/15/19)
- Soapbox Voices: Taylor wants to fix ‘broken’ Congress (9/15/19)
- Snapshots from the Fair - Sept. 16, 2019 (9/15/19)
"Ex's and Oh's" performed by Storm Rising at The Chill (08/16/2019) (8/19/19)
"The Letter" performed by Spencer Ukulele Group at Mainstreet Market (08/08/2019) (8/11/19)
Eddie Mauro Q&A with Clay County Democrats (8/5/19)
"Crocodile Rock" performed by Itty Bitty Boji Band at Mainstreet Market (08/01/2019) (8/2/19)
Randy’s Review: ‘It Chapter Two’ (9/12/19)Sequel doesn’t quite pack punch of ‘Its’ predecessor It’s time to float again. The second part to Stephen King’s classic “It” doesn’t quite have the chill or constant sense of creepiness which made the first installment such a hit, nor does it have the same charm as the tale which centered around a group of teen outcasts who officially dub themselves “The Losers Club.” But it continues as the members of the club have now become adults, but despite their age, still find themselves unhappy in their lives.. ...
Norman VandehaarA private family service for Norman Gene Vandehaar, 91, of Spencer, will be conducted on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer. Rev. Tim Hogan will officiate the...
Jean HalversonMemorial services for Jean (Tielbur) Halverson, 79, of Spencer, formerly of Arnolds Park, will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, at Faith Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. Lee Laaveg...
Carol JohnsonCarol Johnson, 83, of Northwood, and formerly of Spencer; died unexpectedly on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019, at her home in Northwood. Visitation will be Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019, at Schroeder & Sites...
Cahill, Stoermer to wed Sept. 14 (8/28/19)Dan and Susan Nelson, of Spencer, are pleased to announce the upcoming marriage of their daughter, Ariel Stoermer, to Mitch Cahill, son of Mark and Sherri Cahill, of Rolfe. Mitch works for Iowa Lakes Regional Water and Ariel works for Lakes Lifeskills of Spirit Lake. The couple reside in Spencer. A Sept. 14, 2019, wedding is planned at The Royal Hall in Royal...
Lampe, Laubenthal to wed Sept. 21 (8/21/19)Mick and Kris Lampe of Laurens are pleased to announce the upcoming marriage of their daughter, Carly Lampe, to Adam Laubenthal, son of Dave and Patty Laubenthal of Spencer. Carly graduated from Laurens-Marathon Community School and Iowa Central Community College with an Associate in Science degree specializing in radiology...
Items For SaleFor Sale: Guns and Ammo. Must have permit for guns. 712-346-7022
Homes for SaleFor Sale: Small 1 bedroom home in Spencer on nice lot (very reasonable price) call 712-346-7373, no answer, leave message.
Help WantedOpen Electrician Position: Please contact us #712-339-6030, email@example.com for details.
- Iran tells US retaliation looms if targeted for Saudi attack
- Israel's Arabs poised to gain new voice after tight election
- Lewandowski, House Democrats spar at 1st impeachment hearing
- Cries in the night: Life in the limbo of a Mexican shelter
- EU lawmakers vote to approve Brexit delay if UK requests one
- Netanyahu faces uphill battle after repeat election
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- 74-year-old woman among 3 people who allegedly killed a man
- Pigeon poops on lawmaker discussing pigeon poop problem
- Legal briefs: Suspended judge pleads in underwear-theft case
- Solid gold toilet stolen from Winston Churchill's birthplace
- California Highway Patrol captures flightless fugitive emu
- Stinky shoppers unoffended after Mississippi store bans them
- Pig-headed pig's escapades cause owner to face citations