Pint-Sized Prom returns to Spencer libraryInfants and toddlers gathered with their parents at the Spencer Public Library to celebrate the annual Pint-Sized Prom event Monday evening. (Above) Spencer Head Start classmates, 2-year-olds Mario...
Iowa House, Senate pass bill expanding rights to service animalsThe Iowa House and Senate have passed a bill which would expand the rights of qualifying Iowans to service animals. Members of the Iowa House affirmed Senate File 341, known as the Iowa service...
Back in the saddle againAs the 52nd annual Pony Express Ride was conducted Friday, cowboys and cowgirls of all ages had the opportunity to ride and interact with horses and ponies in a cordoned off section of the Bomgaars...
2 new sergeants added to sheriff’s rosterA special ceremony was conducted at the Clay County Sheriff’s Office & Jail facility Monday morning as deputies Eric Ring (left) and Joe Schueller were promoted to sergeants. Sheriff Chris Raveling...
- 3 arrested following Sunday evening fight (4/22/19)
- Hallgren offered city planning director position (4/22/19)
- Damage to Livestock Pavilion ‘minimal’ after Easter fire (4/22/19)
- St. Luke Lutheran Home Resident of the Month (4/22/19)
- Farmers Bank supports CAASA’s Women’s Night Out (4/22/19)
- SMU increases renewable energy goal (4/21/19)1
- Fairgrounds flare (4/21/19)
- Answering the call for a combined 142 years (4/21/19)1
- Equipping parents, children to be safe online (4/21/19)
- Kids out in full force for area Easter activities (4/21/19)
- OT goal puts Tigers past WestPlaying in their third straight overtime game Monday night, Spencer’s soccer boys were looking for a change of scenery from the last two outings which ended in defeats inside the first three minutes of extra play. Despite being unable to take advantage of a strong wind at their back for the first 10 minutes of OT, the Tigers got back in the win column halfway through the second additional period on a kick by Alex Fjellanger to beat Sioux City West 2-1 and move to 4-2 this season...
Randy’s Review: ‘Hellboy’ (4/18/19)I was intrigued when it was announced, studios would be retelling the “Hellboy” story about 15 years after the Dark Horse comic book sensation was first brought to the big screen. Sadly, a decade and a half has not helped with the visuals and for some reason the production team decided to ramp up the language and graphic violence 10-fold which, despite the wishes of the money behind the film, make it worse than I had hoped...
Ellsworth SchutEllsworth Schut, 91, of Sioux Center, died Thursday, April 18, 2019, at the Royale Meadows Care Center in Sioux Center. Memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 22, 2019, at the First...
Thomas MillemanFuneral services for Dr. Thomas Jacob Milleman, 78, of Glen Ellyn, Illinois, formerly of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 23, 2019, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Spencer....
Dorothy HubergFuneral services for Dorothy Huberg, 103, of Royal, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 22, 2019, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church of Royal. Rev. Mark Wilms will officiate the service....
Weasy's Part Time Cook, Waitstaff, and BartenderWeasy's is now accepting applications to assist in the new expansion. Openings are available for part-time cooks, waitstaff, and bartenders. Applications are available at the bar.
Clinic Nurse WantedGaul Dermatology is currently seeking a nurse for clinic hours Monday through Friday. Please send resume and cover letter to 2004 HWY BLVD, Spencer, IA 51301.
RentalsFor Rent: 1 bedroom apartment. All appliances furnished, A/C. Well kept up properties. No Pets. Call Eric (712)240-2564.
- Flores calls Biden's jokes about touching 'disrespectful'
- Militants blamed in Sri Lanka attacks had incendiary leader
- Impeachment, felons voting divides Democrats at CNN forums
- Sri Lanka minister: Easter bombings a response to NZ attacks
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- After IS fall, some women who joined plead to come home
- N Ireland: Woman arrested in slaying of journalist McKee
- Police K-9 on chase stuck with over 200 quills by porcupine
- Swole, buzzy, among new words in Merriam-Webster dictionary
- Back to Earth: Washington set to allow 'human composting'
- 5-year-old Michigan boy calls 911 to ask for McDonalds
- Grease is the way we are stealing in northern Virginia
- Colorado TV tech charged after giving customer 'bear hug'
- Road crew misspells 'school' in school crossing