Spencer library facing no content challenges4The Spencer Public Library currently has 64,977 physical volumes in its collection and another 50,000 downloadable options available to patrons. Library director Mandie Muehlhausen said no books, in...
Reduce, reuse: City unveils new glass recycling location for Earth DayThe city of Spencer, in conjunction with the Northern Plains Regional Landfill, is adding a second location for glass and curbside recycling. Joining the northern location at the Spencer Transfer...
SCT: ‘The Bridges of Madison County’SCT playhouse welcomes audiences to the thought-provoking musical, “The Bridges of Madison County.” Based on the best-selling novel, and developed by the Pulitzer and Tony Award creative team of...
Northbound lanes on bridge to close Wednesday2A bridge deck overlay project on the U.S. Highways 18 and 71 bridge over the Little Sioux River in Spencer will require closure of the northbound lanes, shifting traffic to the southbound lanes, and...
- One final snowman? (4/19/18)
- Avenue of Flags accepting Memorial Day flags for dedication (4/19/18)
- Kash reports for duty (4/19/18)
- SCT takes audience to 'The Bridges of Madison County' (4/19/18)
- Assessor to begin field work (4/19/18)
- Cold temperatures, snow delay planting efforts (4/19/18)
- SMS students display work at AOG (4/19/18)
- MercyMe returns to RiseFest (4/19/18)
- ILCC dining services at Emmetsburg undergo transformation (4/19/18)
- The walleye are waiting for winter's end, too (4/19/18)
- Spencer knocks off No. 12 EastSIOUX CITY — After completely rampaging through three conference games to start the season, Spencer’s 2A No. 7-ranked soccer girls encountered their first true test Thursday night against the 3A No. 12-ranked Black Raiders of Sioux City East. Despite difficulties handling the Raiders’ style of play in the midfield, the Tigers held the lead for much of the game and saw Mia Fank take care of business with a rocket shot from outside the box with 3:30 left in the game, sealing a 3-2 Tiger victory...
Randy’s Review: ‘Rampage’ (4/19/18)What is a popcorn movie? It’s a movie where you grab your bucket of popcorn and favorite beverage then sit back, turn off your brain and just watch with little expectation. That’s “Rampage” in a nutshell. Another Hollywood production loosely based on a 1980s video game...
Jerry SmithJerry Smith, 80, of George, died Friday, April 13, 2018, at Sanford Hospital in Rock Rapids. Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 17, at Ebenezer Presbyterian Church in George with Rev....
Adam HentgesAdam Hentges, 38, Cedar Rapids, died on April 13, 2018. Adam was born in Algona to Gordie and Frances Bass Hentges. Adam was an active person who enjoyed the outdoors, especially fishing and camping,...
Beverly StinehartMemorial services for Beverly Charmain Tercey Stinehart, 83, will be conducted at 10 a.m. Friday, April 13, 2018, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. John Syvertson will officiate the service....
Garage SalesMulti-Family Garage Sale: at American Legion Post, Highway 71 north. Friday and Saturday 9-5p.m.
Help WantedVollmar Motors, Holstein, has an opening for an auto technician. 2-3 years mechanical diagnosis, problem solving and repair experience preferred. We offer continuous training from General Motors to learn new technical information and techniques. Work in family owned and operated business with health insurance, retirement, disability and PTO. Hourly wage contingent upon experience and skill level. Contact Randy in person or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Items For SaleMechanic's tool set for sale. Wrenches, sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, some specialty tools. Price negotiable. Call or text 515-708-4233, Spencer,IA
- Officials say postal worker hoarded over 17K pieces of mail
- Michigan couple gives 14th son creative middle name
- Germany: Truck tips over, floods field with fish
- Mom: Preschool's ban of the term 'best friend' is silly
- No turkeys, please: Owner seeks gander for pet goose
- Police: Man sleeping in drive-thru had pills, pipe and gun
- It's (another) boy! Michigan family with 13 sons gets No. 14