MillStone Park group requests time capsule itemsMILFORD — MillStone Park, to be located at 1212 Okoboji Ave., will be burying four time capsules during Pioneer Days in the summer of 2019, one to be opened every 25 years in the future for the next...
Spencer natives return to share the Psalms of AscentsGrowing up in Spencer, Jonathan and Anna Gabhart were brought together by the arts before ever becoming romantically involved. As their paths crossed through activities like band, choir, community...
Nightmare on Elm StreetSIOUX RAPIDS — Unlike the movies, this haunted “house” on Elm Street is one fright seekers of all ages can enjoy. The Sioux Central Art Club’s annual haunted house, along with other activities...
Main Street seeks entries for annual planter contestSpencer Main Street is now accepting contestants for its third annual Decorate a Planter contest, which will see the 43 planters lining Grand Avenue decorated according to a yearly theme before being...
- 3rd times a charm (10/18/18)
- NEWS BUZZ (10/18/18)
- Fall community trout stocking starts Oct. 19 (10/18/18)
- Messiah moments: Building on tradition (10/18/18)
- Diversity-rich SLHS to adopt Seal of Biliteracy program (10/18/18)
- Many hands feed more than just one (10/18/18)
- Lakeside Lab plans Haunted Halloween (10/18/18)
- Tracy Lawrence coming to northwest Iowa (10/18/18)
- Business Briefs (10/18/18)
- Ag Briefs (10/18/18)
- Tiger girls earn 4th straight state tripGoing into Thursday’s 3A State Qualifying Cross-Country Meet at Spencer Municipal Golf Course, there were no guarantees Spencer’s girls would qualify for a fourth straight appearance at the state meet in Fort Dodge to be held Saturday, Oct. 27. No. 2-ranked Ballard and No. ...
Randy’s Review — ‘Bad Day at the El Royale’ (10/18/18)Set in the late 1950s, a group of strangers with interesting backstories find themselves thrown together in the most unlikely of places — a formerly booming El Royale hotel straddling the California/Nevada border just outside Reno. One side of the hotel resides in Nevada and the other half in California, affording the guests the right to decide which state they will be staying in...
Nancy VerMeerServices for Nancy Joan VerMeer, 72, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, at Church of Christ in Sutherland. Interment will be conducted at Waterman Cemetery in Sutherland. Nancy...
Elsie AndersonFuneral services for Elsie Anderson, 89, of Royal, will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Royal. Rev. Mark Wilms will officiate the service. Visitation...
Kim ChristensenPrivate family services will be conducted for Kim Christensen, 62, of Spencer. Kim Christensen, aka “Kim The Great,” the son of Phillip Lee and Joyce (Dennett) Christensen, was born March 17, 1956,...
Garage SalesGarage Sale: 504 E. 17th St. Spencer. Saturday 8-1pm. Home decor, clothes, toys, PS 2 & 3 games, antique vanity, much misc.
Cars & VansFor Sale: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT 4-door sedan, dark green with black leather interior. Very clean, less than 40,000 miles. Estate car. Asking $13,500. 712-296-3927
RentalsFor Rent: Two Bedroom Duplex, basement, 1 bath, two garages, appliances furnished. Renter pay utilities. No Pets. No Smoking. $600/month plus deposit. (712)240-3004.
- China's economic growth slows amid trade battle with US
- Far from fame, poverty blossoms in 'forgotten California'
- Red Sox finish off Astros in 5 games, head to World Series
- Trump: 'Severe' consequences if Saudis murdered Khashoggi
- Taliban attack kills Afghan officials, US general unhurt
- States and feds unite on election security after '16 clashes
- Post-Michael Florida: Fear, frustration and life on the edge
- Man rescued from Arizona mine lucky to survive fall, snakes
- Motorists stunned as metal balls roll down Seattle street
- 'Call my lawyer,' says sweater seized with stolen sneakers
- Nebraska's message for tourists? 'It's not for everyone'
- Man finds congressman's documents in abandoned storage unit
- Police say teenager baked grandfather's ashes into cookies
- Nobel Prize winner honored with dedicated campus bike rack