Local schools recognize Veterans Day(Above) After Todd Schoenherr, featured speaker and Army Reserves supply specialist, addressed veterans and students at Sacred Heart Elementary School Monday morning, fifth-grade student Owen Van...
Developing a unique approach, product is essentialSpotlight on Northwest Iowa Entrepreneurship — Part 3 This is the third part of a three-part series discussing the unique climate and innovations originating in northwest Iowa. Local manufacturing...
Local veterans honoredSt. Luke Homes & Services joined Hospice of Spencer Hospital, American Legion Post No. 1, VFW and the Lakes Area Chapter of the American Legion Riders in honoring area veterans during a Veterans Day...
St. Luke Lutheran Home Residents of the MonthBarney and Shirley Granstra are a humble, hard-working and faith-filled couple. Barney, who was born near Melvin and raised near Harris in Osceola County, enlisted on Oct. 17, 1945, in the U.S. Air...
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - November Sex Offender Registry November 13
- Students propose gardens on future park site, to feed needy
- Milestones in Spencer Middle School music (11/9/18)
- SHS student showcase, 'This Is Me' (11/9/18)
- 'The Richest Man in Town' (11/9/18)
- Employment Connections celebrates 25 years in Spencer (11/9/18)
- A new face in conservation (11/9/18)
- It starts with an idea (11/9/18)
- Full gallery (11/9/18)
- Holiday Family Adoption 2018 (11/9/18)
- Laker women top NortheastNORFOLK, Neb. — The Iowa Lakes women’s basketball team picked up a pair of wins over the weekend at the Hawk Classic hosted by Northeast Community College. After holding on for an exciting 83-80 win over the Mount Mary College JV Friday in a game that saw freshman Breann Wendland pour in 31 points, the Lakers added another hard fought win Saturday, taking down Northeast 78-72 behind 20 points each from Shareece Smith and Wendland...
Randy's Review — 'Bohemian Rhapsody' (11/2/18)The heavily anticipated film on the rise of legendary rock band Queen focuses primarily on the life of frontman Freddie Mercury (Rsmi Malek) — not his real name by the way — who employs the right place, right time philosophy to help transform a singerless club band into one of the most heralded rock acts of the 1970s and 1980s...
RoseAnne HecoxRoseAnne Hecox, 92, of Iowa City, formerly of Spencer, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, at her home in Iowa City surrounded by her most precious loved ones. A Mass of Christian burial for...
Carlton QueeFuneral services for Carlton Quee, 95, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, at Faith Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. Lee Laaveg will officiate the service. Visitation...
Myrle RobertsFuneral services for Myrle Roberts, 96, of Royal and Peterson areas, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, at United Methodist Church of Royal. Rev. John Battern will officiate the...
RentalsFor Rent: Large 3 BR Apartment. Near schools, large yard, off street parking, laundry and appliances. Non-smoking. $695/month + utilities. 563-889-2693.
Help WantedTwin Valley Producers Network is in need of a part-time employee for 2800 head sow unit in the Peterson area. Good starting wage, 25-30 hours per week. Must had valid drivers license. Call Tim (712) 229-8778.
RentalsSeveral 1 bedroom apartments for rent. $375-$425/month. Available immediately. (712)240-0383.
- Democrat Kyrsten Sinema wins Arizona US Senate seat
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42
- Israel, Hamas trade heavy fire after deadly incursion
- Ohtani wins AL Rookie of the Year; Acuna takes NL honor
- Fires put pressure on California utilities despite new law
- Judge: Sides in Florida recount should 'ramp down' rhetoric
- Bishops delay votes on combating church sex abuse crisis
- Minnesota baby born on Nov. 11 at 11:11 p.m.
- Animal control officers, nearby helpers catch loose chicken
- Officers catch huge lizard that terrified Florida neighbors
- What's in a number? Dutchman, 69, seeks age change to 49
- No voters showed up to this polling place on Election Day
- Bond between donkey, emu may make adoption difficult
- Surprise: Large alligator found in Kansas City hot tub