FFA chapters return from state conventionBoth the Spencer and Clay Central-Everly FFA chapters recently returned from the 91st State FFA Leadership Conference — also called state convention — conducted in Ames, with both organizations...
Paddling Clay CountyAs Clay County becomes green with spring, officials with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources are expecting more area residents to hit waterways across northwest Iowa. In recent years, officials...
2 busy weekends for Main StreetDowntown prepares for Shop Small Shop Hop, Downtown Upstairs Tour . Spencer’s downtown district is preparing for two busy weekends. This Saturday will mark the first “Shop Small Shop Hop,” a...
2019 CC-E NHS induction ceremonyEight new inductees were accepted into the Clay Central-Everly High School National Honor Society Tuesday afternoon. CC-E NHS member Emily Joenks opened the ceremony which celebrated the tenets of...
- Bid letting set for DD No. 37 amid legal case (4/25/19)
- Jones, Whiting opposed on sports gambling proposal (4/25/19)
- 6 girls to contend for title of 2019 Clay County Fair queen (4/25/19)
- 5-year ag census shows more than 2,500 farms lost in Iowa (4/25/19)
- Here we go again: SCT's 'Mamma Mia!' (4/25/19)
- Queen II sets sail starting May 18 (4/25/19)
- PLAC ushers in spring with upcoming events (4/25/19)
- Area music bloom at InnSpiration Winery (4/25/19)
- Picking up the pieces (4/24/19)2
- Keeping 'Caddy' (4/24/19)1
- Late surge carries Tiger girlsWhen the girls from Spencer and Spirit Lake Park-Okoboji first met this season up north, the Tigers needed just 47 minutes to dispatch the Indians 10-0. Thursday night SLP-O kept the purple and gold scoreless for nearly a full hour of gameplay until Chrissy Anderson sent a shot right through the keeper’s legs. The shots started falling from there with the No. 5-ranked Tigers finishing the game up 6-0...
Randy’s Review: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ (4/25/19)Living up to the hype ... and so much more It’s been a year of waiting. I admit it. I’m a comic book and sci-fi geek. Shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who knows me. I’ve been a huge fan of the Marvel series of films dating back more than a decade to the original “Iron Man.” Before that, I was a Marvel comic book consumer since childhood. ...
James Darrah Sr.James David Darrah Sr., 78, passed away peacefully at his home in St. Luke Lutheran Home in Spencer on April 21, 2019. He is survived by three children: Patty Darrah of California, Sonia Hixson of...
Sharon SmallFuneral services for Sharon Small, 71, of Spencer, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2019, at Warner Chapel in Spencer. Rev. Paul Frederiksen will officiate the service. Visitation...
Sharon KnudtsonFuneral services for Sharon Knudtson, 64, of Fostoria, will be conducted, at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 29, 2019, at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Milford. Rev. Tim Johnson will be officiating the...
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Part-time Front desk/breakfast, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance. Must be knowledge- able in business management, computer skills, strong leadership, organization, communication skills and customer service. Must be dependable and flexible. Willing to work weekends and holidays. Apply at Econolodge, Spencer.
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Leading General Contractor needs skilled bricklayers, laborers, carpenters to work in Milford, IA. Excellent starting salaries, health insurance, 401k, PTO. The Joseph Company, 2003 14th Street NE, Austin,MN 55912 (507-437-3284). EEO/AA Employer.
Garage SalesHuge Garage Sale: Sat., April 27th 8:00, 1209 1st Ave. W. Boys sizes 0 to 3/4T, Girl sizes 0 to size 8, Women sizes S/M, loft wooden twin bed and misc. Most clothes marked $2.00 or less.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Sri Lanka Muslims brave militant threats for Friday prayers
- Biden enters Democratic race with strong anti-Trump theme
- Trump to address a divided National Rifle Association
- Daimler says it has no idea how Kim Jong Un got his limos
- Sri Lanka says Easter attack leader died in hotel bombing
- Be wary of robot emotions; 'simulated love is never love'
- Pilot rescued from plane that crash-landed atop Idaho tree
- Colorado city settles with 'butt sign' political activist
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas
- What the Heckboy: Theater near church avoids 'Hellboy' title
- Firefighter recruitment ad touts 'Low Pay, Cool Helmet'
- The Latest: California woman charged with dumping puppies
- 'Snot otter' named Pennsylvania's official amphibian