Iowa Lakes Community College 50th celebration next weekendESTHERVILLE — The 50th Anniversary Celebration of Iowa Lakes Community College will be held the evening of Saturday, Oct. 29, at the SERT Facility, 2421 Seventh Ave. S. on the Estherville Campus....
Final weekend of Addams madness“The Addams Family: The Musical” will continue its final weekend of shows at Spencer Community Theatre with a 7:30 p.m. curtain Saturday and a 2 p.m. matinee Sunday to close out the run. (Above) The...
- Pro Ag Outlook Forum to be held in Spencer, Le Mars
- Serving Spencer with food safety
- Food poisoning initiative in action
- Attempted murder case receives Jan. 31 trial date
- The happy haunts of Schaller
- Fight with Finley: Brunsvolds join Shayla Bee family
- Clay County 4-H youth staff receive national recognition
- Harris-Lake Park superintendent announces retirement
- Rural School Advocates strive for improvements (10/21/16)
- 'Terrors of the Night' await (10/21/16)
- Early and often: Tigers pounce on Bulldogs, 56-14It’s never easy to predict how a team will play when they’ve got nothing to lose which was the case for both squads Friday night at Dale Norton Field as Storm Lake and Sergeant Bluff-Luton had already claimed the district’s playoff spots. Having seen some quality first halves from winless Algona on film, Spencer’s coaching staff knew it’d be best to try to jump on the Bulldogs early. ...
Randy’s Review: ‘The Accountant’ (10/20/16)Ben Affleck took off Batman’s cape and cowl and donned a suit and pocket protector to play a functionally autistic man who is brilliant with numbers as an accountant, needs to finish projects he starts as an auditor and has a thing about taking out people who break his moral code...
Melvin MyersMelvin “Mel” H. Myers passed away at Mayo Clinic on Oct. 16, 2016. Mel was a devoted friend, adored husband, talented artist, and beloved teacher, whose large frame and gruff exterior belied the...
Lavon WattsLavon “Bonnie” O. Watts, 100, of Alta, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2016, at the Sunset Kn-oll Care and Rehab Center of Aurelia. A funeral service will be held on Monday, Oct. 17, 2016, at 2...
June CampbellServices are pending for June Thiesen Campbell, 88, of Spencer, who passed away Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016, at Longhouse-Residence in Spencer. Warner Funeral Home of Spencer is in charge of...
Cushman, Boothby announce New Year's Eve wedding (9/29/16)Lance and Jamie Cushman, of Spencer, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Samantha Cushman, to Matthew Boothby, the son of David and Gigi Boothby, of Cherokee. Samantha is a 2008 graduate of Spencer High School and a 2012 graduate from the University of Northern Iowa with a bachelor's degree in business marketing and management. ...
Help WantedPart-Time Teaching Position Available Part-time teaching position for on-campus Physical Science courses. Master's degree required. Spring semester begins January 5, 2017. For more information, contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 Park St. Sheldon, IA 51201 or phone (712)324-5061, ext. 188, or 800-352-4907 AAEOE
Help WantedLooking to power up your career? If the answer is yes, we invite you to explore Alliant Energy. We are currently recruiting several positions in NW Iowa. Positions such as Line Mechanic Journeyman or Apprentice in the Spencer/Spirit Lake, IA area. Primary responsibilities will be constructing, dismantling, maintaining, replacing, repairing and operating electric facilities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online and upload your resume at www.alliantenergy.com/careers by...
RentalsNewly Remodeled 1 bedroom apartment. $400/month includes utilities. No Pets. No Smoking. Call after 6p.m. (319)429-3662 or 712-260-0008.
- 94-year-old who has been fire chief since 1953 is retiring
- Peanut butter vandal mistakes gathering for Trump rally
- Yoga pants parade to protest man's comments on women's wear
- Police: Man thanks trooper in letter after speeding ticket
- Move along, Bozo: Mississippi county bans clowns for now
- Guinness declares massive Michigan ice cream sundae a record
- Bank places 100 'lucky pennies' across US worth $1,000 each