Access deniedSpencer Public Works Director Mark White announced the Spencer Tree and Leaf Site will be closed until further notice due to flooding conditions.
Willard sentenced to 5 years for bodily injury caseWendy Willard, of Spencer, was sentenced to five years incarceration Monday by District Court Judge David Lester after her guilty pleas to one count of willful injury resulting in bodily injury, a...
Gov. Reynolds issues disaster declaration for Clay CountyA familiar scene reminiscent of last year, residents across Clay County are again attempting to recover from a bout of extreme flooding. In response to widespread flooding through the region, on...
City officially adopts new logoUnveiled for the first time back in February, the Spencer City Council officially adopted the city’s new logo created by F8 Creative at a vote of 6-1 Monday evening. Joe Weber, F8 Creative...
- Internship program funding available through Future Ready Iowa (3/18/19)
- Petition for temporary injunction in drainage case stricken (3/18/19)
- Iowa DNR to begin annual spring burning (3/18/19)
- County road closure update (3/18/19)
- Wild Mouse returning to Arnolds Park (3/18/19)
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - March 19 (3/18/19)
- Riverview Terrace Tenant of the Month (3/18/19)
- Coming home (3/17/19)
- Spencer endures another high-water mark for flooding (3/17/19)
- Northwest Iowa ACE program concludes inaugural year (3/17/19)
- Laker softball drops 2OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — The Iowa Lakes Community College softball team dropped two games Sunday during its spring break trip in Florida. The Lakers fell in game one to Waubonsee Community College 9-8. Kacie Salazar led the Lakers at the plate going 3-for-3, while Naomi Tolmachoff took the loss. Madison College had a late game push to beat Iowa Lakes 9-4 in game two...
Randy’s Review: ‘Wonder Park’ (3/14/19)The real message gets lost amidst the wonder Despite a decent voice cast, this animated film about a girl dealing with the absence of her ill mother set against the backdrop of a super-colorful, make-believe amusement park overseen by a wacky team of animals under fire from a an army of zombie chimpanzees bent on its destruction seems like a bit of a stretch...
Lillian SpiessFuneral services for Lillian Spiess, 101, of Spencer, formerly of Webb, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 21, 2019, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. C. Peter Maisenbach....
Daniel Joseph KinlenMemorial services for Daniel Joseph Kinlen, 64, of Spirit Lake, will be conducted at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 23, 2019, at Grace United Methodist Church in Spencer. Rev. Paul Frederiksen will...
Lucille KinyonLucille Emma Kinyon, 96, passed away peacefully, on March 11, 2019, at Sunrise Retirement in Sioux City. A celebration of life service will be held at United Methodist Church in Everly on March 23,...
Mechler, Corrigan to wed in North Carolina (2/20/19)Dean and Deb Mechler are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Karen Mechler of Indianapolis, Indiana to John Corrigan of Buffalo, New York. John is the son of Jim and Sue Corrigan of Wethersfield, Connecticut. He graduated in 2013 from SUNY Buffalo State. Karen is a 2010 graduate of Iowa State University School of Design. She is a graphic designer for Cru, and John serves on Cru's campus field staff. A May 20 wedding in Wilmington, North Carolina, is planned...
NoticesClair Moding's 86th birthday! Please send a card and warm wishes to: Clair Moding 3030 S 80th St. Apt 224 Omaha, NE 68124
RentalsNewly remodeled 2 bedroom apartment. Water and cable included. Available immediately. $495/month plus deposit. Call 712-262-4264 or 712-240-4264.
Help WantedMidstates Builders is hiring for the following positions: Shop Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Operator Trainee . This position requires 2+ years recent mechanic experience. Diesel and hydraulic knowledge are preferred. Good communication skills, basic computer skills, Class A CDL and a clean driving record a plus. Salary is negotiable based on work experience and references. Field Crew/Steel Erectors . Pay based on work experience, references and driving record. Minimum hire rate is...
- Records show special counsel zeroed in on Cohen early on
- Father and son who fled Syria are buried in New Zealand
- Shifting hopes as Republicans, Democrats wait for Mueller
- Floodwaters threaten millions in crop and livestock losses
- APNewsBreak: Coal tax cut endangers federal black lung fund
- AP source: Trout, Angels close to record $432M, 12-year deal
- NYC official: Kushner firm flouted rules, endangered tenants
- Police: Duo nabbed trying to steal Capone statue in Arkansas
- Oregon Blockbuster outlasts others to become last on Earth
- Man returns library book 53 years late
- Germany: Drunk passenger demands high-speed train slow down
- Police: Person with unicorn costume, crowbar robs store
- T-shirt gun used to launch contraband into Oklahoma prison
- Florida man finds bright green iguana in toilet, calls 911