Destination Iowa: Mid-Iowa Antique Power Association ShowThe Mid-Iowa Antique Power Association, or MIAPA, is inviting guests to experience historical farming practices during its 33rd annual show, Aug. 4-6. The MIAPA is a group of volunteer members...
Golden sounds, guitar strings and ivory keys at Music in the GalleryCanadian musician Noah Wright performed a wide variety of musical pieces, ranging from classical to modern indie-pop ballads during Wednesday evening’s Music in the Gallery event at Arts on Grand....
‘The people make the fair’Retired Spencer English teacher Arla Kintigh stopped teaching full time almost six years ago, she hasn’t slowed down. She has written and self-published her own book, “Fairgoers Do Not Live on Fried...
Mainstreet Market continues to draw crowdsAttendees of Mainstreet Market had the chance to examine and try out some hand-crafted dry rubs made by Marisa Sidles (center), of Terril. Sidles’ mother, Kathy Reynolds (left) was also lending a...
- Clay County managing to avoid Palmer amaranth (7/27/17)
- Local photographer featured on 'Iowa Outdoors' (7/27/17)
- 'Come Home' and see what is new at the fair (7/27/17)
- Romance rides on (7/27/17)
- Classics arrive in the Iowa Great Lakes (7/27/17)
- 1st Boji Brew Fest to benefit local playground (7/27/17)
- Sirens - July 28 (7/27/17)
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ arrives at Treasure Village (7/27/17)
- Orange City Arts announces 40th anniversary season lineup (7/27/17)
- Spencer cross-country camp (7/27/17)
- New BVU football coach wants to go fastThere will be a new sheriff roaming the sidelines this upcoming season for the Buena Vista football team in Grant Mollring. Mollring, a longtime offensive coordinator for two colleges in Nebraska, takes over after the resignation of former coach, Jay Anderson...
Randy’s Review: ‘War for the Planet of the Apes' (7/20/17)The final tale in a trio of films providing the backstory to an Earth run amok delivers on several levels, telling a very human story about a group of chimps, gorillas and orangutans trying to live in peace in the California northland woods with a rebel military group determined to ensure the end to the intelligent tribe under the leadership of Caesar (Andy Serkis), whose origins stem from a chemical-induced experiment designed to cure alzheimer's two films ago...
Robert FoustFuneral services for Robert Edwin Foust, 88, of Spencer, will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 1, at Grace United Methodist Church in Spencer. Rev. Paul Frederiksen will officiate the service. A...
Darlene GilliamDarlene Gilliam, 83, of Council Bluffs, Iowa, formerly of Freeport, Illinois, passed away Thursday, July 20, 2017, at Comfort Care Homes in Omaha, Nebraska. Funeral services will be held Saturday,...
Dorothy BurgerFuneral services for Dorothy Marie Burger, 63, of Gillett Grove, will be conducted 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 25, 2017, at United Methodist Church in Gillett Grove. Rev. Kris Hackbart will officiate...
Jiskoot, Johnson to wed Sept. 2 (7/26/17)Leland and Jackie Jiskoot, of Boyden, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Tara Jo Jiskoot, of Johnston, to Kevin Larry Johnson also of Johnston. The parents of the groom are Larry and Donna Johnson of West Des Moines, formerly from Spencer. The bride is employed by the law firm of Whitfield and Eddy PLC of Des Moines and the groom works at Wells Fargo in West Des Moines. A Sept. 2 wedding is being planned at Meredith Drive Reformed Church in Des Moines...
Items For SaleFor Sale: La-Z-Boy lift chair, brand new. Paid $1,100 will sell for $800. Also La-Z-Boy power chair, brand new. Paid $800 will sell for $500. Call 712-260-5508
Help WantedCrown Clinics- Spencer is currently seeking a part-time (12-15 hours/week), in-house, Medical Transcriptionist. Applicants must have extensive knowledge of medical terminology, grammar, and spelling. Applicant must be very detail-oriented. Position will require documentation to be placed correctly in the electronic medical record. Competitive wage. Applications can be found on our website at crownclinicsmobile.com. The application can either be emailed to email@example.com or...
Garage SalesAnnual Garage Sale: 408 W. 4th St. Spencer (in alley). Friday, July 28, 4:30-7p.m.; Saturday, July 29, 8-11a.m. Lots of household decor, jrs and misses clothing, boys sizes 6-7, toys, lots of misc.
- South Korean leader adopts dog saved from possible slaughter
- Inmates' escape video shows everything is caught on tape
- Authorities: Man robs bank, then gets naked and throws money
- Police looking for owner of 77-pound tortoise found on road
- Tanker left dangling from overpass after interstate crash
- Woman escapes as car falls into hole in Florida driveway
- New Jersey man accused of owing nearly $88K in tolls, fees