Anonymous donor to match $85K at IGLLS auctionOn Nov. 9, the Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School will host its annual fall dinner and auction, with a potentially huge outcome. "This year we have some pretty amazing news that an anonymous donor has...
Future Ready Iowa Summit discusses workforce challenges, solutionsArea business staff and executives were joined by educators, government officials and Spencer students Thursday morning for the Future Ready Iowa Spencer Employer Summit, which encouraged...
Writer's Guild welcomes aspiring area authorsWriting is no easy feat, but with a little help and guidance it can be accomplished. That's what Kevin Rohan believes. After a successful career in writing for role-playing games and establishing the...
Emergency crews respond to single-vehicle accident in cornfieldAt approximately 3:28 p.m. Thursday, emergency personnel responded to the call of a single-vehicle accident near the intersection of 420th Street and 200th Avenue near Royal. The car had reportedly...
- Candidate forum set for Oct. 30 (10/17/19)
- Everybody works (10/17/19)
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - October 18 (10/17/19)
- Holiday Family Adoption underway (10/17/19)
- Operation Christmas Child drop sites announced (10/17/19)
- Spencer professional participating in Leadership Iowa (10/17/19)
- Films for the Cinematically Disadvantaged returns Oct. 21 (10/17/19)
- IRRMA to host book signing (10/17/19)
- Meeting to discuss 2021-25 waterfowl seasons, Oct. 23 (10/17/19)
- Sirens - Accidents and Fires - October 17 (10/17/19)
"Ex's and Oh's" performed by Storm Rising at The Chill (08/16/2019) (8/19/19)
"The Letter" performed by Spencer Ukulele Group at Mainstreet Market (08/08/2019) (8/11/19)
Eddie Mauro Q&A with Clay County Democrats (8/5/19)
"Crocodile Rock" performed by Itty Bitty Boji Band at Mainstreet Market (08/01/2019) (8/2/19)
- Gridiron GlanceLast Week The Spencer Tigers put together two perfect bookend drives Friday night — starting the game with a touchdown and ending the game with a touchdown. It was what happened the rest of the game which resulted in Spencer dropping a 35-13 contest to Sergeant Bluff-Luton on the road in a clash for the district lead...
Randy’s Review: ‘Joker’ (10/10/19)Phoenix amazing as evolving ‘Batman’ nemesis “Joker” is not your typical comic book movie. In a day where Marvel and DC are competing to bring their colorful, costumed heroes and bad guys to life on the big screen, DC took this story down a completely different route. ...
Harry RitchartFuneral services for Harry Louis “Skip” Ritchart, 71, of Royal, were conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at First English Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. Paul Kaldahl officiated the...
Frank RoseFrank John Rose, Jan. 20, 1923, to Oct. 14, 2019, passed away peacefully at St. Luke Homes in Spencer. Funeral services are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019, at Grace United Methodist...
Harry RitehartFuneral services for Harry “Skip” Ritehart, 71, of Royal, will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019, at First English Lutheran Church in Spencer. Rev. Paul Kaldahl will officiate the...
Matthews, Larson to wed in October 2020 (10/2/19)It is with great pleasure that Scot Matthews, of Terril, along with Danice Matthews and Jack Kropf, of Estherville, announce the engagement of their daughter, Mikayla A. Matthews to Ryan T. Frerichs Larson, son of Connie and Tim Larson, of Estherville. The couple will wed in October 2020...
RentalsFor Rent: 1 Studio and 1 bedroom apartments, new updates. single occupancy, $450/mo includes utilities. No smoking No pets. References. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-270-9257
Help WantedRuthven Public Library is seeking Part-Time Library Director, 15-20 hours per week. Please send resume to email@example.com or mail to Ruthven Public Library, PO Box 280, Ruthven, IA 51358. Applications accepted until position is filled.
RentalsFor Rent: 2 br house with 1 car garage. Appl include washer, dryer, stove, fridge, AC, fresh paint, new carpet. 806 E. 7th St, Spencer, 712-260-0997
- Where you die can affect your chance of being an organ donor
- Altuve's HR in 9th sends Astros to World Series over Yankees
- Defense chief: US troops leaving Syria to go to western Iraq
- Trump drops plan to host G-7 at his Doral golf resort
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's Syrian mission-accomplished moment
- Analysis: Confronted by impeachment, Trump adds to the chaos
- Turkey wants Syrian forces to leave border areas, aide says
- Wyoming man grows 1,491-pound pumpkin, breaks state record
- False alarm: Retail tag prompts suspicious package response
- San Diego woman living in van gives up all 300 of her rats
- Colorado woman indicted in attempted sale of 1920s fetuses
- Trapper plays with 'gator until it tires, pulls it from pool
- Iowa man finds 5 inches of animal blood flooding basement
- Man charged after roommate attack, believed he was a vampire